Speak out with your geek out!

Anything unrelated to the LHC
CharmQuark
Site Admin

Speak out with your geek out!

Post by CharmQuark » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:11 am

Take a stance against baiting nerd rage and stereotypes of geeks.

Post about how much you love your geeky hobbies or vocation from Monday, September 12th, 2011 to Friday, September 16th on your blog, website, social media account or in a forum somewhere. Then come here and tell us about it. We'll have a kick-off post where you can stand and be counted.

Let's show the world why we're awesome and why there is nothing wrong with being a geek.
Come on you know it will be fun to get geeky with each other I shall go first!

I am the ultimate LHC geekette!
I love Star Wars as well as Star Trek
I love anything to do with astronomy
I love Dr Who I personally think Matt Smith is amazing
I love nothing better than sitting down with a good physics book
Oh and I also collect old coins and I did the whole stamp collecting thing when I was younger

:ugeek:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

chelle

Re: Speak out with your geek out!

Post by chelle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:27 am

CQ do you have a degree in a specific scientific field, or are you like one of those people who love sports, but only on tv?
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:35 am

I have a degree in anything Chelle what I know I have learned myself over the past 2 and half years.

I do this for fun, not because I want to do it as a career or anything to heavy :thumbup:

Are you going to tell me I am doing well for a person that knew nothing back in 2008 ;)
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

chelle

Post by chelle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:30 am

CharmQuark wrote:Are you going to tell me I am doing well for a person that knew nothing back in 2008 ;)
Yes, as an enthusiast I think you are doing pretty well, bravo!

And as for SciFi, I liked Buck Rogers, and the original Battle Star Gallactica very much, I even had bed covers of the latter. But I'm no geek, just a normal freak :mrgreen:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Thank you Chelle :mrgreen:

Nothing wrong with being a freak :mrgreen: I am more the strange type, but on the plus side it seems to be taking me places I never thought I would be able to go ;)

I would love to have a bedcover with ATLAS on the front haha well I can dream eh :shhh:

chelle

Post by chelle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:28 pm

I don't think you're that strange. Replace Brian Cox with Justin Bieber and imagine yourself half your age, you would be absolutely normal. And bed sheets of ATLAS, that' a great idea. The ideal cover for heavy collision activities. The boys of LHC are surely looking forward to show you around in their tunnel of ...

Have fun!

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Chelle wrote:I don't think you're that strange. Replace Brian Cox with Justin Bieber and imagine yourself half your age, you would be absolutely normal. And bed sheets of ATLAS, that' a great idea. The ideal cover for heavy collision activities. The boys of LHC are surely looking forward to show you around in their tunnel of ...

Have fun!
HAHA!! OMG Justin Bieber is just terrible! maybe I should ask if they have any plans in the future to make duvet covers of ATLAS :crazy: anyway I hope they will be looking forward to having the CQ experience ;) they will never be the same again :oops:

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Nothing wrong with being a geek. And CharmQuark, you're awesome :D

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Stephen wrote:Nothing wrong with being a geek. And CharmQuark, you're awesome :D

Why thank you very much Stephen :D :Heart: you also have a load of awesomeness :mrgreen:

Is there anything that you get geeky about :P

chelle

Post by chelle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:51 pm

CharmQuark wrote:... anyway I hope they will be looking forward to having the CQ experience ;) they will never be the same again :oops:
I don't think that they are going to let you in, so much hotness parading through the tunnel would give the cryogenics-department some serious issues that i'm they cannot handle, causing weeks of delay to get the damn thing chilly again.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Chelle wrote: I don't think that they are going to let you in, so much hotness parading through the tunnel would give the cryogenics-department some serious issues that i'm they cannot handle, causing weeks of delay to get the damn thing chilly again.
That actually made me blush :oops: :oops: