Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Oh he posted :clap:

when are we due to die now?
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Allan

Post by Allan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi CQ

What else do you expect 1000 days as always.

You have to give him credit if he sticks with that long enough he is going to be correct eventually.

Ivan is correct just like a stopped watch. Twice a day it is precisely correct.

I have given up on him ages ago.

Allan :laughing-rolling:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Allan wrote:Hi CQ

What else do you expect 1000 days as always.

You have to give him credit if he sticks with that long enough he is going to be correct eventually.

Ivan is correct just like a stopped watch. Twice a day it is precisely correct.

I have given up on him ages ago.

Allan :laughing-rolling:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO can't be a 1000 days now he needs to change the number now :lolno:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:27 am

Stephen wrote:The LHC is not going to create WIMPs, Ivan.
Yes, dear Stephen, WIMPs are not dangerous, because they are very hypothetic and have no any observational prove.
But the dark matter has a large variety of reliable observational proves.
The mass of ordinary matter in the Galaxy is about by 5-6 times smaller than the mass of dark matter.

What is dark matter?
I think that one of a large variety of different types of fermionic and bosonic subnuclear condensates can be a much trustworthy candidate on the role of dark matter. These condensates can be in the form of microscopic droplets and also as extremely dense dark stars of different masses. What are they: magnetic holes, strange droplets/stars, 2-nd generation matter stars, quark stars, I do not know?

Can the ordinary matter be transformed into a dark matter?
Yes, and we can see such transformations as novae and supernovae explosions.

How the ordinary matter can be transformed into a dark matter?
1. By a collapse of usual star. 2. Transformation can be switched by high energy cosmo-cosmo collision of protons or ions. 3. Transformation can be switched by high energy cosmo-atmospheric collision of protons or ions. 4. Transformation can be switched by high energy collider collision of protons or ions.
Microscopic droplets of dark matter, created by cosmo-cosmo collisions of protons or ions, are very rarefied and can be swept out from Solar system by solar wind and light.
The ones, created by cosmo-atmospheric collision are decay because of being overheated.
Microscopic droplets of dark matter, created at collider, can explode the Earth and Sun.

The main thought is the following: the probability of creation of microscopic droplet of dark matter in Pb-Pb collisions is much greater than in p-p collisions, because in the first case there is no need to create a decaying anti-droplet. Look:
Pb+Pb -> D+leptons.
p+p -> p+p+D+D~.

D – droplet of dark matter (strangelet, or 2-nd generation matter, or neutronized strangelet, or charmlet, or other quark mixture, or magnetic hole).
D~ – decaying anti-droplet

Do not afraid of hypothetic WIMPS, but in a couple of weeks LHC will start HI-HI collisions, which can create one form of dark matter, which will explode the Earth. The duration of this explosion is of the order of 500-1000 days. The excessive flux of neutrino can be registered in a several days after the droplets creations. So, there is no need to wait for about 1000 days in order to know if LHC kill us or not. We will know it in November-December this year, if:
1. HI-HI collisions would be performed;
2. Online information about neutrino flux would be available;
3. Physicists would not lie about growing Solar activity or about Nibiru flying to us.

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:41 am

MagneticTrap wrote:Yes, dear Stephen, WIMPs are not dangerous, because they are very hypothetic and have no any observational prove.
I wonder why this didn't apply to stable strangelets, microscopic black holes or magnetic holes you seemed to like so much.
MagneticTrap wrote:What is dark matter?
I think that one of a large variety of different types of fermionic and bosonic subnuclear condensates can be a much trustworthy candidate on the role of dark matter.
This is even more hypothetic than WIMPs
MagneticTrap wrote:Can the ordinary matter be transformed into a dark matter?
Yes, and we can see such transformations as novae and supernovae explosions.
Now you are dreaming again.

Janelouise

Post by Janelouise » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:34 am

But Ivan, you have not mentioned this!

Man-made star to unlock cosmic secrets

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8044620.stm

Is this dangerous too?

After all, they will be creating a tiny star and if it goes supernova it will turn into a black hole and we will all die..oooh nooo!!! :shh: :thumbdown: :scared-shocked:

Allan

Post by Allan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Are you for real?

Allan :sleeping-blue:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Here we go againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :crazy: :pray:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:02 am

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared-eek:

Ivan you have too see this.........................looks like this guy is way ahead of you :think:

http://magdrill.com/rotabroach-panther- ... -40mm.html

Allan

Post by Allan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:17 am

Well CQ I am here to tell you that I think just about everyone is ahead of Ivan. :o

Allan

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:14 am

Allan wrote:Well CQ I am here to tell you that I think just about everyone is ahead of Ivan. :o

Allan
Allan thank you for bursting my nice little bubble :thumbup: :lol: I won't sleep tonight now :crazy:

Allan

Post by Allan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:25 am

Sorry CQ.

I guess I didn't say that correctly because what I meant was that you should not worry about him at all. Most everything he says is simply drivel.

Allan

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:48 am

Given Ivan's perfect track record (100% wrong) ... the more predictions he makes, the safer we are.

Allan

Post by Allan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:26 pm

LarryS wrote:Given Ivan's perfect track record (100% wrong) ... the more predictions he makes, the safer we are.
Thanks. That is more what I was thinging :dance:

Allan :sleeping-blue:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:28 pm

Allan wrote:Sorry CQ.

I guess I didn't say that correctly because what I meant was that you should not worry about him at all. Most everything he says is simply drivel.

Allan

LOL Allan it's all good ;) I slept really good and i have not listened to Ivan in a long time :shhh: don't tell him though ok :silent:
LarryS wrote:Given Ivan's perfect track record (100% wrong) ... the more predictions he makes, the safer we are.
Larry :thumbup: couldn't have said it better myself :whistle: