Mini Black Holes

Discussion of the end of the world brought about by ultra high energy colliders.
chelle

Re: Mini Black Holes

Post by chelle » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:56 am

Kasuha wrote:What I find weird is how can you say something that's so clearly not true and try to start a dispute over it.
Kasuha, are you saying that Hawking Radiation and the Evaporation of Mini Black Holes are disputed? And if so they don't give in the report the impression that it is.
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

bluecat

Post by bluecat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:40 am

Is this credible, assuming very small black holes?

"Dark matter, the mysterious substance that exerts gravitational pull but emits no light, might really consist of vast concentrations of ancient black holes created at the very start of the universe, according to a new study.1 Apr 2021".

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:25 pm

I'm more for thinking that there's some sort of error in our understanding of physics. Both dark matter and dark energy seem like fudges to make our existing equations work. Seems much more likely that the exist equations are wrong. One reason for suggesting this is that we seem to have made so little progress in detecting or understanding these things.
DC

The LHC - One ring to rule them all !

bluecat

Post by bluecat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:13 pm

Sure there are a lot errors and gaps in our understanding of what we call the universe and It's likely we'll always be puzzled as to why it exists in the first place.
But we have an image of the large black hole at the centre of our galaxy so we should consider that quantum holes exist and they might be the most common formations in the universe.
Number of atoms in the universe could be insignificant compared to the number of black holes.
While the universe appears to be way beyond our imagination, what would be your assessment of the theory we actually live in some sort of black hole? Like the universe is itself in one.
The problem is we can only speak in metaphors and can only use mathematics as a tool, so in the end science could just be philosophy.

chelle

Post by chelle » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:19 pm

So what you’re saying is that you’re clueless. Thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:

bluecat

Post by bluecat » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:13 pm

I'm not entrirely clueless.
We have the clue of entropy, the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, the supreme law of the universe that potentiallly can explain why time runs forwards and dark energy exists.
We don't know what happens inside a black hole, but I'm trying to speculate that the whole universe is like a black hole subject to entropy and that's why it experiences a heat death.
What other explanations are there? It could be a holograaphic universe. It could be part of a multiverse. It could be it just is the way it is and all there ever has been.
So if you know any better then let's hear it.

chelle

Post by chelle » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:34 pm

bluecat wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:13 pm
So if you know any better then let's hear it.
I’m working on it. :mrgreen:

It should be ready beginning of next year, i said the same thing last year but ran into some setbacks.

When it’s ready you will surely hear from me!