(8) photon - Triskelion proton (crackpot commercial)

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
chelle

(8) photon - Triskelion proton (crackpot commercial)

Post by chelle » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Hello Party People,

I've been updating my blog with the hypothesis on an (8) photon and a Trefoil-knot proton. The only thing I now have to finish is my machine and see if a spiraling forward movement would happen.

Here is the the link: http://800millionparticles.blogspot.com/

All feedback is welcome,

cheers,

chelle

Last edited by chelle on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: (8) photon - Triskelion proton (crackpot commercial)

Post by CharmQuark » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:20 pm

ooooooooooo nice link Chelle :crazy:

shall have a good look around tonight :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

chelle

Post by chelle » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:06 am

CharmQuark wrote:ooooooooooo nice link
Thanks.

It seems that no one is buying ... it must be the economy ... I'll try again next year.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Chelle wrote:
CharmQuark wrote:ooooooooooo nice link
Thanks.

It seems that no one is buying ... it must be the economy ... I'll try again next year.
well you know what they say Chelle if a first you don't succeed try try again :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

chelle

Post by chelle » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:13 am

Perhaps nobody likes to comment because it is purely hypothetical, but I've added this line to the last post on my blog:
This would also mean that the protons move along with the electrons and shift places.
... and maybe someone would like to comment on this idea, that protons aren't nested in the 'nucleus' but move positionally all over the place with the electrons. Is there any experimental proof against such behavior?

tswsl1989
LHCPortal Guru

Post by tswsl1989 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Chelle wrote:... and maybe someone would like to comment on this idea, that protons aren't nested in the 'nucleus' but move positionally all over the place with the electrons. Is there any experimental proof against such behavior?
Rutherford scattering shows that the protons are concentrated in a small volume in the centre of the nucleus. There is, of course, a probability distribution associated with the position of the proton; but it's not anywhere near as disperse as the electron wavefunction. I don't know the exact form of the wavefunction of the proton, but you can use the results from Rutherford to put an upper bound on the uncertainty in the position.

chelle

Post by chelle » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:10 pm

tswsl1989 wrote:Rutherford scattering shows that the protons are concentrated in a small volume in the centre of the nucleus. There is, of course, a probability distribution associated with the position of the proton; but it's not anywhere near as disperse as the electron wavefunction. I don't know the exact form of the wavefunction of the proton, but you can use the results from Rutherford to put an upper bound on the uncertainty in the position.
Couldn't it be a mixture, like this:

tswsl1989
LHCPortal Guru

Post by tswsl1989 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Well that depends on what you mean by "Mix"
If by "Mix" you mean a mass of protons with a small uncertainty in position with independent electrons with a larger uncertainty, then you have the current model.

If you mean the last image in your post, with the well spaced protons sat in probability distributions with the electrons, then I think that conflicts with other evidence. We've built up information about the nucleus by observing it's behavour under bombardment and under fission and I'm pretty certain these results preclude the possibility of a distributed nucleus in any form.

The wiki article on Nuclear Physics gives a reasonable introduction to the topic, but not a brilliant one.

chelle

Post by chelle » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:02 pm

tswsl1989 wrote:Well that depends on what you mean by "Mix"

If you mean the last image in your post, with the well spaced protons sat in probability distributions with the electrons, then I think that conflicts with other evidence.

We've built up information about the nucleus by observing it's behavour under bombardment and under fission and I'm pretty certain these results preclude the possibility of a distributed nucleus in any form.
That's what I'm questioning, what evidence would stand in the way (preclude) of saying that the protons aren't widely distributed in space as well? Have a look at: http://www.orbitals.com/orb/orbtable.htm and see all the different formations, like these 3 examples:
Image Image Image
Perhaps in the 3th orbital set-up shown, there is a proton in the upper orange sphere, and one in the lower, and a whole bunch in between at all the other electron orbitals, instead of the whole bunch in the center.

tswsl1989
LHCPortal Guru

Post by tswsl1989 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:58 am

Those are electron orbital. If you were to place a proton in either of the two Orange spheres, it would change the potential acting on the electrons, causing them to have different orbital shapes. Those orbital shapes come from QM and are well defined - I think they've been confirmed experimentally by HE X-ray crystallography

chelle

Post by chelle » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:53 am

tswsl1989 wrote:Those are electron orbital. If you were to place a proton in either of the two Orange spheres, it would change the potential acting on the electrons, causing them to have different orbital shapes. Those orbital shapes come from QM and are well defined - I think they've been confirmed experimentally by HE X-ray crystallography
Yes, it is all well documented and there is nothing wrong with that, the only thing I'm postulating is that in the center of those spheres (electron-orbitals) is a proton swinging them around.

... and during particle collisions it is hard to find out if protons and neutrons would all be located in a center nucleus or in a structured disperse setting, as the center of mass for both settings is ... in the middle (see pic).