Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Xymox
Site Admin

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Xymox » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:40 am

Ivan, as I have mentioned before, please don't post in Russian.

CAn you go back and edit that post and use google on it ? Most people here know english and I know you want more people to be able to understand your work, so its better to post here in english.

Use google language tools to translate the text into English and then post it, you can always leave a link to your Russian web site with the original material in Russian.

Please.. :angry-tappingfoot:

Again, I love the charts and images..

As for Ions, OH YEA ! SMACK um baby, smack um hard ! :violence-stickwhack:

So Ivan, what are our odd's of survival this time around ? Oops, I mean our odds of cosmosing ?

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Got the Ice-comet ready ;)

dunno though might stick around and just cosmos it sounds sooooooooooooooooooo good :dance:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:54 am

Collisions have occurred, we are all still here...

No cosmos...

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:42 am

The first collisions of heavy ions with energy 3.5 Z TeV were performed the 6-th of November.
Was “the collaptical explosion of the Earth” switched on or not, we’ll be able to know, observing the intensity of neutrino flux from the Earth.
If the growth of the flux will not be registered till this New Year, then all is OK and you can live calmly.

Ivan, as I have mentioned before, please don't post in Russian.
CAn you go back and edit that post and use google on it?
Done.
So Ivan, what are our odd's of survival this time around ? Oops, I mean our odds of cosmosing ?
Let's wait till New Year.

I would be happy to be an "Ivan-Durak" , or "Ivan-the-Fool".

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:30 am

Ivan - an increase in the neutrino flux can be caused by solar activity, rather than your magnetic holes.

rasalhauge

Post by rasalhauge » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Just out of curiosity, which neutrino measurements do you look at when you are waiting for the increase to happen? You know that fluxes happen every now and then, do you?

Just pointing out the obvious to keep you from wrapping yourself up in tinfoil....

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Thing is Ivan you ain't no fool ;)

Please enjoy the rest of the year :thumbup: next year is next year :ugeek:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:08 pm

ehh..isn't a collaptical explosion an "implosion"? ,_, heh.. hurhurhurh. (oh.. and IM BACK.) :yawinkle:

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:13 pm

--and i think it would be rather noticeable if the Earth were "collaptically exploding"... it'd be collapsing..and exploding. meh, we're still here. party up. :)

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Texanguy wrote:ehh..isn't a collaptical explosion an "implosion"? ,_, heh.. hurhurhurh. (oh.. and IM BACK.) :yawinkle:

Omg it's sooooooooo good to see you posting again Welcome Back :thumbup:

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

CharmQuark wrote:
Texanguy wrote:ehh..isn't a collaptical explosion an "implosion"? ,_, heh.. hurhurhurh. (oh.. and IM BACK.) :yawinkle:

Omg it's sooooooooo good to see you posting again Welcome Back :thumbup:
thank you :) it's good to be back. seems i've been missing out on a lot. :thumbdown:

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Ivan had probably his pet supernova on mind when he was writing that and to be honest I am not sure whether is it correct to call it implosion or explosion if all that remains is a black hole and a shell of escaping debris.
In my opinion the real error is in a bit earlier part of Ivan's reasoning.

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:27 pm

Kasuha wrote:Ivan had probably his pet supernova on mind when he was writing that and to be honest I am not sure whether is it correct to call it implosion or explosion if all that remains is a black hole and a shell of escaping debris.
In my opinion the real error is in a bit earlier part of Ivan's reasoning.
maybe we can deduce that it is merely ivan's reasoning, in its entirety..that is the real error :think: ;)

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:57 pm

If the growth of the flux will not be registered till this New Year, then all is OK and you can live calmly.
Wow Ivan, I am impressed. So by then maybe you can visit CERN and have a few drinks with the guys there ?

It would be great if your fear of CERN ending the universe was finally over :)

That would be awesome.

Now, of course there will be another far more powerful collider in the future and then another after that. When we exceed cosmic ray energies then I am with you that we need to proceed with extreme caution. That was my first post in the forum. Right now I am comfortable with the energies being used, but in the future we will cross the line where there is nothing in the universe at that energy, at that point then I think we need to seriously take a step back and carefully consider what we are doing.

I also think any magnitude increase in energy really requires serious, independent, consideration.

There are very dangerous possible things that could happen and we need to be aware of this. I also am sure we do not understand physics completely and our lack of a absolute understanding of something that could potentially be so dangerous is reason to be very cautious.

I am a FIRM believer in this too..

Ivan has reason to have concerns simply because we do not absolutely understand something that could be very dangerous.

I think at these energies we are fine however... My concern is as we go forward..

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:02 am

It's true Chris we don't know everything about physics and yes in years to come who know what will happen. I am nervous about the LHC going to higher energy bu then i always have been just because my fear has subsided don't mean that it still ain't there. As for he bigger colliders that is also true there will be things happen that we are not expecting it has to happen there is no getting away from that thing is do we worry about it now? or do we live life like we really should. Personally i think Ivan should come to CERN when i go next year for my 30th birthday :happy-jumpyellow:

Work Hard Party Harder :thumbup: :lol:

Oh come on I can't be serious all the time you know ;)

People don't take Ivan serious we have all been there, but he is in a bad place he is scared just like so many of us are or was. Only difference is he is scared of something that nobody else can understand but him i don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing?

Yes I have had harsh words to say to Ivan over the past 11 months and yes sometimes i might have stepped out of line, but thing is i like Ivan you all know that he is a likable person that's just the way it is. I dunno if he sets out to scare people or what maybe it's just that he freaks out and tries to get other people to understand? Ivan is not stupid or anything like that i think in fact he has the brains just uses what he knows in the wrong way :)

One day I truely believe that Ivan will be happy and live a long and good life with his family and friends :D