Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
MagneticTrap

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Kasuha wrote:http://cms.web.cern.ch/cms/News/2010/QC ... nal_en.pdf
No end of world involved, just angular correlation.

I wonder if it couldn't have something to do with beam crossing angle.
Possible explanation.
Dirack’s sea.
Sea quarks can be emitted at some angles. The values of angles give us a geometrical structure of Dirack's sea.
Future heavy-ion collisions will create a magnetic field which will be dozens of times greater in spatial dimensions and in the value of magnetic induction.
A region of exited ferromagnetic vacuum of Savidy can be created. (Magnetic hole).
If it will be stable it can grow and ruin the ordinary matter:
M_{N} + p -> M_{N+1} + e^+ + 300 MeV.
M_{N+1} + p -> M_{N+2} + e^+ + 300 MeV.
M_{N+2} + p -> M_{N+3} + e^+ + 300 MeV.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Stephen wrote:Congratulations for your new granddaughter, Ivan!
woohoo Ivan you're a grandad :clap: Congrats :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

rasalhauge

Post by rasalhauge » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:28 am

I have to admit, I'm actually quite impressed with your achievements over at 2012hoax.org. I've known the people over there for close to a year and you are the first person ever to get banned (they even allowed Raymond Marduks to rant on).

In your eyes the reason for that is surely because you know to much, am I right?

In reality, it's because you are such a nuisance that you actually pose a real health hazzard to people. You might not know it, or you do but just don't give a crap, but people are going to die because of you. Not because of Rolf Hauer, not because of John Ellis, but because of YOU and YOUR words.

The show you put up over at 2012hoax.org surely confirmes that, and actually I invite all of the members at LHCportal to look at the thread were some girls terrified to death because of the doomsday claims made by Gorelik et al wrote to get some reassurance. Goreliks only contribution to that was more fear, and the way he acted there made me sure once and for all that there isn't a single shred of empathy left.

I know that this might sound really harsh and unsympathetic but I can't stand the way he constantly strives to scare people that are already anxious about this.

I suppose most, if not all, of this post is going to be either deleted by mods or ignored by Ivan himself, but I'll still give it a try.

Furthermore, I know that this man has become something close to a pet, or some source of amusement over here, but what he does all over the internet is nothing short of criminal. I admit, I haven't payed much attention to him latelly, but there are people that do that and some have actually contemplated suicide thanks to what he says. This isn't just innocent ramble of yet another LHC-crackpot, it's so much more than that.

So Ivan, why can't you just cut the crap and stop this endless, and causeless, crusade? Why not just enjoy the fact that you have become a grandfather? Or if you like, enjoy the fact that you were wrong about the LHC killing us all the second it was turned on? We're still here, huh? And we'll likelly be for quite some time. Isn't that a much more pleasant thought than to think that everything that can go wrong must go wrong?

And if you insist on continuing the battle against CERN, then at least have the courtesey to let people decide for themselfs if they want to listen to you or not. Don't just single out the most scared people you can find on net and make them feel worse, rather, try to have a debate in an apropriate manner with people that like to discuss things like this. I think it would really help your "cause".

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:11 am

rasalhauge wrote:I have to admit, I'm actually quite impressed with your achievements over at 2012hoax.org. I've known the people over there for close to a year and you are the first person ever to get banned (they even allowed Raymond Marduks to rant on).

In your eyes the reason for that is surely because you know to much, am I right?

In reality, it's because you are such a nuisance that you actually pose a real health hazzard to people. You might not know it, or you do but just don't give a crap, but people are going to die because of you. Not because of Rolf Hauer, not because of John Ellis, but because of YOU and YOUR words.

The show you put up over at 2012hoax.org surely confirmes that, and actually I invite all of the members at LHCportal to look at the thread were some girls terrified to death because of the doomsday claims made by Gorelik et al wrote to get some reassurance. Goreliks only contribution to that was more fear, and the way he acted there made me sure once and for all that there isn't a single shred of empathy left.

I know that this might sound really harsh and unsympathetic but I can't stand the way he constantly strives to scare people that are already anxious about this.

I suppose most, if not all, of this post is going to be either deleted by mods or ignored by Ivan himself, but I'll still give it a try.

Furthermore, I know that this man has become something close to a pet, or some source of amusement over here, but what he does all over the internet is nothing short of criminal. I admit, I haven't payed much attention to him latelly, but there are people that do that and some have actually contemplated suicide thanks to what he says. This isn't just innocent ramble of yet another LHC-crackpot, it's so much more than that.

So Ivan, why can't you just cut the crap and stop this endless, and causeless, crusade? Why not just enjoy the fact that you have become a grandfather? Or if you like, enjoy the fact that you were wrong about the LHC killing us all the second it was turned on? We're still here, huh? And we'll likelly be for quite some time. Isn't that a much more pleasant thought than to think that everything that can go wrong must go wrong?

And if you insist on continuing the battle against CERN, then at least have the courtesey to let people decide for themselfs if they want to listen to you or not. Don't just single out the most scared people you can find on net and make them feel worse, rather, try to have a debate in an apropriate manner with people that like to discuss things like this. I think it would really help your "cause".
Ivan i can safely say i am completely disgusted at this.........I thought you couldn't get any lower but you have.......time and time again you disappoint me.......maybe it is time you thought about your actions........and maybe just maybe leave...... :(
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:20 am

MagneticTrap wrote:Sea quarks can be emitted at some angles. The values of angles give us a geometrical structure of Dirack's sea.
MagneticTrap wrote:Future heavy-ion collisions will create a magnetic field which will be dozens of times greater in spatial dimensions and in the value of magnetic induction.
A region of exited ferromagnetic vacuum of Savidy can be created. (Magnetic hole).
If it will be stable it can grow and ruin the ordinary matter:
Notice these two quotes, although posted right next to each other, are completely unrelated.

The first one is actual hypothesis that could eventually be discussed - but it is not here for discussion. It's here to suggest the poster has knowledge in the area.

The second one is claim that has no actual foundation in physics of our universe and is not in any way related to the hypothesis in the first.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:34 am

rasalhauge - knowing Astrogeek for more than a year myself and corresponding with him by email on several occasions, I can't honestly remember someone who made him more mad than Ivan. Freedom of speech is great and everything, but Ivan crossed a red line in the mentioned thread.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Notice these two quotes, although posted right next to each other, are completely unrelated.
The first one is actual hypothesis that could eventually be discussed - but it is not here for discussion. It's here to suggest the poster has knowledge in the area.
The second one is claim that has no actual foundation in physics of our universe and is not in any way related to the hypothesis in the first.
Completely unrelated?
OK. I’ll insert a couple of sentences.

Sea quarks can be emitted at some angles. The values of angles give us a geometrical structure of Dirack's sea.
A growth of the energy of collisions between particles leads to alignment and correlation effects, which were discovered not so long ago: Chiral Magnetic Effect, registered at RHIC; Many-muon events, registered at Tevatron; Angle-correlations at LHC.
The further growth of alignment and correlation effects can lead from continues quantitative change to sharp qualitative change.
Future heavy-ion collisions will create a magnetic field region, which will be dozens of times greater in spatial dimensions and in the value of magnetic induction.
If it will be stable, it can grow and ruin the ordinary matter:
If you think that bosonic condensate of magnetic hole has no actual foundation in physics, then I can change it by fermionic condensates:
N(uds) – strangelet;
N(uds)K(udd) – neutronized strangelet;
N(css) – second-generation matter;
N(css)K(uds) – carmlet-strangelet;

Dozens of possible types of dangerous matter;

If some of them would be stable, then they can ruin the ordinary matter and, as a result, – to explode the Earth.

You can argue that N or (N and K) must be quite big.

I’ll answer: “The energy of p-p or HI-HI collisions are sufficient in order to make N=1000 and even more”.

You can argue: Particles, made in collisions, have different energies and move in different directions.

I’ll answer: The further growth of alignment and correlation effects, mentioned above, can lead from continues quantitative change to sharp qualitative transition, i.e., to creation of microscopic droplets of dangerous condensate.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:39 pm

IVAN :D YOU KNOW THERE IS ONE THING IN LIFE I HATE :angry-screaming: AND THATS BEING IGNORED :) SO WE CAN EITHER DO THIS HERE IN PUBLIC OR I WILL BE FORCED TO DO IT IN PRIVATE................CHOICE IS YOURS MATE.

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:59 pm

MagneticTrap wrote:Completely unrelated?
OK. I’ll insert a couple of sentences.
Didn't help. Still unrelated.

astrogeek

Post by astrogeek » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:58 pm

@rasalhauge

Thank you for the kind words. Obviously I don't know you under this name, so you've piqued my curiosity.

Gorelik's behavior at 2012hoax.org was reprehensible. Despite being warned that his anti-LHC rants were off-topic for our site, he elected to post in threads where people who were frightened of the 2012 doomsday were seeking reassurance (telling them that CERN was going to kill them), and also in one thread where the mother of a 16-year old who resorted to a bottle of pills to resolve her 2012 fears was updating us on her daughter's condition.

Calling for an outright ban on posts by a particular person is a departure for me. Typically I am all for freedom of expression. To be honest, Gorelik is not technically the first. We've removed spam and restored pages that have been vandalized before.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Astrogeek

Just want to say a warm welcome to our happy place.........I am sorry that ivan has caused so much trouble :( It has shocked me to the very core..........hope you enjoy your stay with us though......

Charms

astrogeek

Post by astrogeek » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:27 am

CharmQuark wrote:Astrogeek

Just want to say a warm welcome to our happy place.........I am sorry that ivan has caused so much trouble :( It has shocked me to the very core..........hope you enjoy your stay with us though......

Charms
Hello CharmQuark;

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I have to say that my interest in the LHC was that of a distant cheerleader... up until this 2012 nonsense hit the fan. I have seen references trying to relate the LHC to 2012 as early as 2007. The original "7 Reasons the World Will End in 2012" post, for example (See our response here).

Ivan's behavior made me angry... but that's not why he's now persona non grata over there... that decision was made because of specific posts he made in the two threads mentioned, and I did not make the decision lightly. I want the forums there to be as open as possible. I don't mind being called names (search for Raymond Mardyks in the forum posts there, for example), but I will not allow the site to be used to torment the mother of a depressed teen or a terrified young mother of two babies. Maybe that wasn't his intent, but that certainly was the effect.

I hope that his behavior here is different.

Speaking of the LHC, we just brought up our page on it. Any feedback or corrections would be deeply appreciated, and of course we are always looking for authors who know a particular topic.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:54 am

astrogeek wrote:
CharmQuark wrote:Astrogeek

Charms
Hello CharmQuark;

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I have to say that my interest in the LHC was that of a distant cheerleader... up until this 2012 nonsense hit the fan. I have seen references trying to relate the LHC to 2012 as early as 2007. The original "7 Reasons the World Will End in 2012" post, for example (See our response here).

Ivan's behavior made me angry... but that's not why he's now persona non grata over there... that decision was made because of specific posts he made in the two threads mentioned, and I did not make the decision lightly. I want the forums there to be as open as possible. I don't mind being called names (search for Raymond Mardyks in the forum posts there, for example), but I will not allow the site to be used to torment the mother of a depressed teen or a terrified young mother of two babies. Maybe that wasn't his intent, but that certainly was the effect.

I hope that his behavior here is different.

Speaking of the LHC, we just brought up our page on it. Any feedback or corrections would be deeply appreciated, and of course we are always looking for authors who know a particular topic.
Hiya Bill :)

Ivan is quiet these days........has been since i told him we can either have it out in public or do it in private :thumbup: I am sure the guys will have a good look at your LHC page but as far as i can tell everything is in order :thumbup: looks really good by the way :)

Ivan over stepped the mark he has gone from bad to worse in the matter of weeks, he really should take a long hard look at what he actually does to people :axe:

Charms

astrogeek

Post by astrogeek » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:20 am

CharmQuark wrote: Hiya Bill :)

Ivan is quiet these days........has been since i told him we can either have it out in public or do it in private :thumbup: I am sure the guys will have a good look at your LHC page but as far as i can tell everything is in order :thumbup: looks really good by the way :)

Ivan over stepped the mark he has gone from bad to worse in the matter of weeks, he really should take a long hard look at what he actually does to people :axe:

Charms
It is always interesting to watch the behavior of people such as this. I suppose that Ivan genuinely believes what he says, in which case he sincerely believes that the LHC is dangerous.

There is a fairly common viewpoint that is shared by people like Ivan, by the UFO set, and by the various conspiracy theorists, and it amounts to a nearly religious conviction in the correctness of their beliefs. No amount of reason will dissuade them, and many of them believe that it is their duty to share their viewpoint, much as a religious person might feel compelled to convert another person.

I am convinced that it usually does no good to try to reason with such a 'true believer'. They will not be convinced in spite of any evidence that you can bring to the debate. :angry-banghead:

Thanks again for the kind words about the site. A lot of people have put a lot of work into it, for absolutely no reward except for the knowledge that it may help somebody (much like this site, I suspect). :thumbup:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:31 am

astrogeek wrote:
CharmQuark wrote: Hiya Bill :)

Charms
It is always interesting to watch the behavior of people such as this. I suppose that Ivan genuinely believes what he says, in which case he sincerely believes that the LHC is dangerous.

There is a fairly common viewpoint that is shared by people like Ivan, by the UFO set, and by the various conspiracy theorists, and it amounts to a nearly religious conviction in the correctness of their beliefs. No amount of reason will dissuade them, and many of them believe that it is their duty to share their viewpoint, much as a religious person might feel compelled to convert another person.

I am convinced that it usually does no good to try to reason with such a 'true believer'. They will not be convinced in spite of any evidence that you can bring to the debate. :angry-banghead:

Thanks again for the kind words about the site. A lot of people have put a lot of work into it, for absolutely no reward except for the knowledge that it may help somebody (much like this site, I suspect). :thumbup:
Ivan will listen to nobody.........that is the fact of it really.........very sad on his behalf but he will never change and you are right he does believe everything he says......and when you get to that point there is no turning back I dunno whether to feel sorry for him or not :shh:

This site helps alot of people yes, i for one was scared of the whole black hole thing........scared to the point where i didn't think i could get through it.....then i found the Portal and with a lot of freaking out and guys taking their time to sit and talk and learn me stuff i never thought i would be interested in, I am here today concidering going back to school to do the maths and physics :thumbup: we all have dreams eh?

Charms