Competition

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
mrgumby

Competition

Post by mrgumby » Fri May 28, 2010 8:51 am

The English language doesn't seem to have a word for....

"People who get uptight when a forum thread wanders slightly, and write posts admonishing the culprits."

Winner to be chosen by others using the term....

Prize........everlasting fame!!!!

Kasuha

Re: Competition

Post by Kasuha » Fri May 28, 2010 11:28 am

Personally I don't like to find salt in my sugar bowl. The same goes about forums - opening a thread about some problem just to find people are discussing something completely different in there is a bit annoying.
Which reminds me that this thread belongs to offtopic. ;)

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri May 28, 2010 12:08 pm

MrGumby :think:

I don't quite know where you are going with this? can you explain to me why you felt the need to do so?

Thanks

Em :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Hokie_Engineer

Post by Hokie_Engineer » Fri May 28, 2010 4:48 pm

OK, I will give it a try. How about "Thread Sheriff" or "Thread Police".

At this is better than talking about what your religious beliefs might be.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri May 28, 2010 6:04 pm

am the Moderator :crazy: I am better than Thread Sheriff" or "Thread Police". :lol:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Sat May 29, 2010 4:57 am

Kasuha wrote:Which reminds me that this thread belongs to offtopic. ;)
I think the response proves that "controversial topics" is the right place. :whistle:

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Sat May 29, 2010 5:01 am

CharmQuark wrote:MrGumby
I don't quite know where you are going with this? can you explain to me why you felt the need to do so? :
Just having a minor dig/stir......it is in "controversial topics".......and I thought it would be fun.

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Sat May 29, 2010 7:16 am

mrgumby wrote:
Kasuha wrote:Which reminds me that this thread belongs to offtopic. ;)
I think the response proves that "controversial topics" is the right place. :whistle:
All things are supposed to be in their appropriate places, right? And as long as these forums are about LHC, pretty much everything - except the Offtopic section - is therefore supposed to be about LHC too.
I really don't see how is your topic related to LHC.

Another thing is, these forums are pretty much dead. So maybe the better solution will be if I stop coming here too, at least I'll stop getting annoyed by how disorganized do some visitors make them.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sun May 30, 2010 1:34 pm

now listen guys :D

This forum is not active these days granted, so why not just have some fun yanno :thumbup: nothing wrong with it, this is the only place in the forum that can heat up i like this :think: nobody has to shut up or stop coming here at all * walks away in a huff* :wtf: