Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by CharmQuark » Thu May 06, 2010 1:57 am

IVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

I WANT TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE PLEASE :D
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Janelouise

Post by Janelouise » Thu May 06, 2010 9:12 am

Yes, Ivan!! please do tell what's the latest?

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Fri May 07, 2010 7:17 am

Maybe he woke up? and was so ashamed he cannot bear to post again? :lol:

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri May 07, 2010 7:21 am

Doubt it. He's probably going to tell us that we are about to start to cosmos the next time he posts.

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Fri May 07, 2010 7:30 am

Perhaps he has gone traveling to the cosmos on a comet and he didn't even take anyone with him!!!!!

Dammit! That would be quite some trip! :crazy:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri May 07, 2010 1:51 pm

What i want to know is what exactaully happens when we start to cosmos :roll:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri May 07, 2010 4:54 pm

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri May 07, 2010 5:26 pm

How can we end up missing Ivan :roll: wonder what he upto :eh:

Stephen how are you anyways? i miss you posting as much :problem: is school going good? hope so :ugeek:

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Sat May 08, 2010 3:28 am

I've worked out what will happen when we cosmos!

A Cos is a type of lettuce.
Mos is a municipality in Spain.

We are all going to turn into Spanish Lettuces!!!!!

I hope Cern has been warned!

Oh! No! I just realised....After we turn into Spanish Lettuces, a Giant Space Rabbit will come and eat us all!!!! HEEEEELLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! :scared-yipes: :scared-shocked: :scared-yipes: :scared-shocked: :scared-yipes:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat May 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Ivan has been MIA for 12 days :o

Tau
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Tau » Mon May 10, 2010 7:59 am

Probably he doesn't post anymore because he thinks he's dead by his own prediction... poor guy.
(Sorry Ivan, no offense intended; :D I just couldn't help making a joke after you scare the shits out of so many innocent people...)
- Tau

chriwi
LHCPortal Guru

Post by chriwi » Mon May 10, 2010 8:03 am

Are there any more recent posings by him at other places in the internet?
My question is if he really stoppt publishing his ideas all over the web or if he only stoped posting in this forum because he came to the conclusion that it is hopeless to try to convince an effectie number of users herein the forum and focuses his efforts to other more promissing grounds (maybe social or esoteric forums etc.)?
bye

chriwi

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Mon May 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Tau wrote:Probably he doesn't post anymore because he thinks he's dead by his own prediction... poor guy.
(Sorry Ivan, no offense intended; :D I just couldn't help making a joke after you scare the shits out of so many innocent people...)

LMAO Tau :D

That has to be the most epic reply ever hahaha :crazy:

Thein

Post by Thein » Fri May 14, 2010 1:22 am

Interesting.
I came across this post because it was a very controversial topic, according to 11K views and 60 pages of replies...
I didn't read all 60 pages... I'm not going to go THAT in depth... But I did read most of the first page (which should encompass most of what this is about)

I feel that (anonymous man)'s theory is indeed fortified with information already "tested and proven" (Such as calculations according to Hawking's formulas)
I think that you all are not giving it a second thought-- that is, if the first post dictates what has been going on for 60 pages... (very little chance... But I'm voicing my opinion based on the first page)
All scientists should be able to look at scientific ideas and speculate, without experimentation, whether or not it makes sense under certain conditions.
It is hard to give up one controversial theory for another, but sometimes it may be the case.
This is identical to the way scientists felt when Lemaitre and Friedmann (with Hubble's calculated data) proposed the Big Bang theory; or when Aristarchus idealized the Heliocentric model of our solar system (which didn't exactly have its observational proof until Galileo)

Well, my point is-- and reason for pointing out these scientists-- were that they all proposed scientific ideas out of calculations and bent speculations of what is around us... It was because of Humanity's ill behavior to accept a possible difference in idea that hindered these ideas from becoming concrete for such a long time... So perhaps give this a second thought and then come up with some way to experiment and prove it right or wrong.
That's the process of science, is it not? Have fun with it! :)

~Just an Ignorant seventeen year old on the first few pages of the World's precious Book of Science.
"We had a Galactic Clash"

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri May 14, 2010 1:31 am

IVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn you have been gone since the 26th of last month :eh: I am actually starting to get really worried about you :cry: