Chelle goes on ...

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: Don’t talk to aliens, warns Stephen Hawking

Post by CharmQuark » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Chelle wrote:
CharmQuark wrote:Ok let me rephrase that, he now has 2 threads saying the same thing over and over again, look if nobody is bothered about this then fine, i just don't see the point in having 4 different threads talking about more or less the same thing.
Emmylou, I always get the impression that your husband, or some offspring of yours is working for CERN, and that you have it taken it upon you to the hush people away who don't see pink bunnies jumping out of the machine. Or is it, judging from that red tampon you use as avatar, still that time of the month?
Chelle :D I am not Married :thumbup: and i have no kids eithers :thumbup: however i don't know if your seeing things or not but if a tampon looks like a toy charm quark then the answer is yes it's still that time of the month ;)
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

chelle

Post by chelle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:58 pm

CharmQuark wrote:... i don't know if your seeing things or not ...
I only heard you complain that's all.
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Chelle wrote:
CharmQuark wrote:... i don't know if your seeing things or not ...
I only heard you complain that's all.
I am not complaining :eh:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:12 am

Thing is I don't mind talking about any of this stuff even if its a heated debate, but I mean atm it's getting ridiculous, please just stick to the old working thing of "stay on topic", if its off topic for that thread find the right place or create it.

So thread starts with Chelle's opinion of Dr. S Hawking, and his latest statement, that's fine no problem and its in the right place of the forum, but as you started it as such that's what the topic should stay with, going off course a lil is ok too, as long as it comes back to the thread starting topic quickly, but all your doing is stretching a 5 way conversation over various bits and bobs, there isn't really any moderation here so just respect other users needs in the matter, and keep it cleanly laid out.

Thanks

chelle

Post by chelle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:43 am

Shadowdraxx wrote:Thing is I don't mind talking about any of this stuff even if its a heated debate, ...
You are correct in addressing me, I guess discussion started to drift of into the direction of the question if there is more energetic stuff going on in the lhc than we expect there to be. In that sense I'm a bit like Hawkings don't go looking out there because it might bite you :)

sorry.

I'll start a new thread as suggested, and stop shaking up the others.

chelle

Post by chelle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Hey what happened to 'our' Stephen I haven't seen him for a while, I hope that he isn't Stephen Hawking, and that I pissed him off with my bad-taste-joke, if so for the 2nd time on this page, sorry.

What I would like to bring up is that I find this Hawking character a strange cat, and he is also one of the reasons that I find the LHC a bit dodgy. You know he got that special voice synthesizer because he contracted pneumonia during a visit to cern in 1985. Personally, I believe that in stress situations people become an easy target for illnesses. So, if he was very enthusiastic about cern, he would have had a lot of positive energy and strength, just like when they 'swung' him around during that zero-gravity airplane trip, instead he must have had a lot of negative stress when visiting cern, and getting caught by an inflammation, I don't find this superbly comforting.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Chelle :D

Stephen is around ;) just not posting much :( by the way I love that pic of Stephen Hawking :thumbup:

Mailo

Post by Mailo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Chelle wrote:What I would like to bring up is that I find this Hawking character a strange cat, and he is also one of the reasons that I find the LHC a bit dodgy. You know he got that special voice synthesizer because he contracted pneumonia during a visit to cern in 1985. Personally, I believe that in stress situations people become an easy target for illnesses. So, if he was very enthusiastic about cern, he would have had a lot of positive energy and strength, just like when they 'swung' him around during that zero-gravity airplane trip, instead he must have had a lot of negative stress when visiting cern, and getting caught by an inflammation, I don't find this superbly comforting.
NOW I finally see the light, the LHC is dangerous and must be shut down! Some guy got a cold when visiting CERN 25 years ago, long before the LHC was even planned! DOOM, I SAY!!!

Err ... yeah.

I keep getting surprised by Chelle. Everytime I think "Ok, now he's done it, he can't sink any lower" I revisit the forum and find I was wrong.

chelle

Post by chelle » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:51 am

Mailo wrote:NOW I finally see the light, the LHC is dangerous and must be shut down! Some guy got a cold when visiting CERN
See how you have the habit to over relativise or to mock with something serious, 'pneumonia' becomes 'getting a cold', btw if I may take on the title of mister doom did you know that, due to pneumonia, over two million children under five die each year worldwide. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonia#Epidemiology
Mailo wrote:... 25 years ago, long before the LHC was even planned
The lhc tunnel was build between 1983 and 1988, may I remind you that the lhc is just one link in an ongoing, getting more and more powerful, chain-event to bust material.
Mailo wrote:! DOOM, I SAY!!!
Hell Yeah!!
Mailo wrote:I keep getting surprised by Chelle. Every time I think "Ok, now he's done it, he can't sink any lower" I revisit the forum and find I was wrong.
You ain't seen nothing yet, I can go far deeper than you can imagine, ... actually you just said it yourself :)

btw why did you stop commenting on my more serious posts, is it because you've got no longer an answer?

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:04 am

Wow.. My first visit to the forum in a bit and this is my first thread...

Most entertaining.. Personally I really love this section of the forum.

Im going to elevate Charm to moderator of this section. You guys better watch out as she might rip something off your body you might miss...

Im also going to retitle this thread as it has nothing to do with its current title.. In fact as punishment for a whole thread having nothing to do with its subject im going to be creative in my new title :laughing-rolling:

But, yea, lets try and not be sloppy with a bunch of threads on one topic.. Please.

I loved several posts from the gurus in this thread :)

Xymox
Site Admin

Re: Chelle goes on about nothing over and over and over again.

Post by Xymox » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:17 am

I am sorry to use my moderator powers in a sick, twisted and down right unethical way..

CharmQuark, feel free to rip people apart, you are now the moderator here. I am quite sure you have the moderate temperament to handle this responsibility. :happy-jumpyellow:

You know what to do :violence-stickwhack:

Chelle keep your threads on topic. :angry-tappingfoot: Or.... CharmQuark has the ability to remove any trace that you ever existed here. I don't want threads that just always wander back to the same subjects. Also posting just to argue with others is boring.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy your posts..

:scared-eek:

Mailo

Post by Mailo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:19 am

Chelle wrote:See how you have the habit to over relativise or to mock with something serious, 'pneumonia' becomes 'getting a cold', btw if I may take on the title of mister doom did you know that, due to pneumonia, over two million children under five die each year worldwide. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonia#Epidemiology
Of course you are correct, while someone getting a cold 25 years ago is no argument against a particle accelerator, someone getting pneumonia 25 years ago definitely is. Do you ever read what you type?
Six million children die each year from malnutrition. But noone who visited CERN 25 years ago suffered from malnutrition, so maybe the LHC is not dangerous after all?
See, this argument goes both ways. Does this convince you how ridiculous your way of argumenting is?
Chelle wrote:
Mailo wrote:... 25 years ago, long before the LHC was even planned
The lhc tunnel was build between 1983 and 1988, may I remind you that the lhc is just one link in an ongoing, getting more and more powerful, chain-event to bust material.
No, the LEP tunnel was built then. The decision to build the LHC was made in 1994.
Chelle wrote:btw why did you stop commenting on my more serious posts, is it because you've got no longer an answer?
My problem is that I cannot tell which of your posts are meant to be serious, they are pretty much equally hilarious. Also, I've given up trying to correct your basic misunderstandings on which all of your hypotheses are based, as you seem to be rather resistant to learning.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:23 am

resistant to learning
Wa-hahahahahahaha..... :laughing-rolling:

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:27 am

Xymox wrote:
resistant to learning
Wa-hahahahahahaha..... :laughing-rolling:
you said it perfectly :lol:

chelle

Post by chelle » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:32 am

Xymox wrote:Im also going to retitle this thread as it has nothing to do with its current title...
Xymox, I don't find this to be correct, the topic shifted because someone started to falsely accuse me of making up numbers.

If you no longer want me hanging around here, than that's ok, you could perhaps shift all the threads that I started or some that I participated in, to the 'End of the World' section, that would clean everything up, and I will leave you guys alone. But don't start changing titles and certainly not in such an offensive way, because some one makes accusations and I'm defending myself, because in the future that same person might or will start doing the same at an other topic just to disturb discussion.

Good luck to you all.

Chelle