Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
tswsl1989
LHCPortal Guru

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by tswsl1989 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:54 am

This explanation fails here:
1. Explain why an excited vacuum region will be created in a proton proton collision?
Excited vacuum region can be created between curved trajectories of protons in the place of nearest distance.
[Image]
Under pB=mc^2, vacuum transforms from antiferromagnetic state into ferromagnetic state. In the terminology of other authors – from diamagnetic state into paramagnetic state. That means that exited region becomes stable, and if there is a “food”, then “food” will be captured and ruined with the growth of the dangerous exited region.
Paramagnetism requires permanent dipoles - a dipole is formed by two opposite charges positioned a finite distance apart. Think of it as a stick with a + on one end and a - on the other.
What Ivan has illustrated doesn't have this. It has two like charges approaching one another. This is not a dipole.

The rest of his response may be safely ignored.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:43 pm

tswsl1989 wrote:Paramagnetism requires permanent dipoles - a dipole is formed by two opposite charges positioned a finite distance apart. Think of it as a stick with a + on one end and a - on the other.
What Ivan has illustrated doesn't have this. It has two like charges approaching one another. This is not a dipole.
You have made several errors, but I'll stop only on the main error.

At this figure, indeed, you could not see a dipole.

At the enlarged image of the central part of exited region anybody can see both: magnetic dipole and electric dipole.

Exited region contains N constituent elements, “magnetic pills”, made by transition of virtual particle-antiparticle pairs into real pairs. For example, upper side of every pill is charged by negative charge and rotates clockwise; bottom side is antiparticle and correspondingly positively charged and rotates in opposite direction. As a result, the upper part of exited vacuum has negative electric charge and can be associated with North magnetic pole; the bottom part of exited vacuum has positive electric charge and can be associated with South magnetic pole. In reality orientation can different. In reality exited vacuum can have not only magnetic and electric poles, but also color poles: red-antired; blue-antiblue; grean-antigrean. Or thus as other authors wrote: chromomagnetic and chromoelectric. All possible ways at the region of 1 TeV energies lead to the same – to stable and extremely dense condensate.

That will be the last and most powerful explosion, made by Human on the Earth.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:33 pm

MagneticTrap wrote:M + p -> M + e+ + meson + (and/or pair of leptons).
In another article we can find the formula without meson.
M + p -> M + e+.
Is it correct?
I think that M is not the magnetic monopole, but magnetic dipole. Meson is massive x-boson, which does not leave the magnetic dipole, but becomes its constituent part.
Consequently the corrected formula looks thus:
M_{n} + p -> M_{n+1} + e+, where M_{n+1} = M_{n}+x-boson.
Why do you think M is a magnetic dipole?

JNW

Post by JNW » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:45 pm

I think I see what MagneticTrap is saying here. A charged particle moving in a circle will generate a magnetic field (true), and a magnetic field will cause a charged particle to move in a circle (true).

Thus, the moving charged particles maintain and strengthen the magnetic field, which in turn causes the charged particles to keep moving in a circle.

Except that there is a sign error here. The charged particles actually move in a circle in the opposite direction. Instead of strengthening the magnetic field, they weaken it.

Thus, these self sustaining "magnetic holes" don't exist.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:45 am

Stephen wrote:Why do you think M is a magnetic dipole?
Catalysis of proton decay occurs in the critical magnetic field. It does not depend from the source of the field: magnetic monopole or magnetic dipole.
1. Magnetic monopole is forbidden by classic electrodynamics.
2. Magnetic hole, made of elementary charges of the same sign, is not possible, because the elementary magnetic charges interact with repulsive forces.

These both items are not applicable to elementary magnetic dipole. A large quantity of elementary magnetic dipoles can form a stable condensate bonded by magnetic, electric and/or color forces.

So, magnetized region of vacuum can grow if there is a “food”.
M_{n} + p = M_{n+1} + e+ + 300 MeV.
Energy output is 100 times bigger than at the time of thermonuclear reactions.
The “food” for thermonuclear reactions is limited by the quantity of tritium and deuterium in the bomb.
The “food” for magnetic collapse is limited by the quantity off matter in the Solar system.
The energy, released in the Last Explosion, made by our Civilization, will be about 2*10^30*9*10^16/3 = 6*10^46 J. To be more correct, we must divide this result by 10, because about of 9/10 of solar matter can be ejected into cosmos. Thus Q = 6*10^45 J = 6*10^52 erg. That is typical energy output for cosmic catastrophes.
JNW wrote:Except that there is a sign error here. The charged particles actually move in a circle in the opposite direction. Instead of strengthening the magnetic field, they weaken it.
Look attentively at the figures above and find your error yourself, please.

---------
By the way, today (March, 9, 2010) they’ll try 1.2 TeV per beam.
Plan for a next month: http://lhc-commissioning.web.cern.ch/lh ... 100308.pdf

Tau
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Tau » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:17 pm

MagneticTrap wrote:Inhabitance of SN 1987A had already make such tests. (Followed by picture of pretty nova.)
HAHAHA! Good for you, Ivan! I like that!
And the mushrooms in my garden prove there are leprechauns living there.
- Tau

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Tau wrote:
MagneticTrap wrote:Inhabitance of SN 1987A had already make such tests. (Followed by picture of pretty nova.)
HAHAHA! Good for you, Ivan! I like that!
And the mushrooms in my garden prove there are leprechauns living there.
Dear Tau, please, do not insert errors in my text, - SN 1987A is not a nova, but supernova.

By the way, it seems, unstable condensates were already created at Tevetron. That follows from the multimuon events (up to 8 per droplet and antidroplet) described at the end of 2008 by CDF collaboration.
From the other hand, some authors say that "strange condensate" is stable if it has more than 10 lambdas, 10(uds).

Here is a figure from one Russian-language page about those events.
c) – Abnormal events. I would change the signs “?” by “N(usd)” and “N(u~s~d~)”.

The next figure is taken from the article RHIC nets strange antimatter

The 8(usd) corresponds to the point Z=0, N=0, S=8;
the 8(u~s~d~) corresponds to the point Z=0, N=0, S=-8.

More than 10(usd) is stable!
I’m scared, but can not do anything, - all ways lead to catastrophe.

Best regards, Ivan.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Call this scientist. He doesn't believe in the big bang, so he might help you.
http://internal.physics.uwa.edu.au/~john/

JNW

Post by JNW » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:36 pm

MagneticTrap wrote:
JNW wrote:Except that there is a sign error here. The charged particles actually move in a circle in the opposite direction. Instead of strengthening the magnetic field, they weaken it.
Look attentively at the figures above and find your error yourself, please.
I looked at your figures, and with the magnetic field pointing up, and when looking down from above, you show positive charges moving counter-clockwise. In fact, they move clockwise.

See this diagram of a cyclotron: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hb ... yclot.html

You can also see it from the formula. The force on a charge is:

F = qv x B

Where q is the charge (positive for a positron), v is the velocity vector, B is the magnetic field vector, F is the force vector, and x is the cross product: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_product

Using the "hand" diagram in the wikipedia article, hold your right hand out palm up. Your forefinger pointing away from you is the direction of the positron, your middle finger pointing up is the direction of the magnetic field, and your thumb pointing to the right is the force acting on the particle. Thus, as the particle moves away from you it curves to the right, circling clockwise (as viewed from above).

You show the particles orbiting in the wrong direction. They will actually orbit the other way, and weaken the magnetic field rather than sustain it. Thus, your mechanism for a self-sustaining "magnetic hole" doesn't work.

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 am

and that pretty much kills the thread right there, until a new menace appears....

wasps,holes,cold crystals whats next?

Still thanks JNW for that detailed breakdown

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:24 am

Shadowdraxx wrote:...Still thanks JNW for that detailed breakdown
You both (Shadowdraxx and JNW) must go to school once more and to study magnetic interactions.

Pay attention at the structure of ferromagnetic.
Ferromagnetic can not survive, if it’s constituent elements are connected only by magnetic forces. It is necessary to add electric forces.

Indeed the currents in the pills, drown on the figure, are not sustained by proper magnetic field of the exited region of magnetized vacuum. You must see at that currents as on proper magnetic moments of elementary particles, but not as on orbital motions of particles in an external magnetic field.

Indeed, if a charged particle will fly into the field of exited region it will move along the trajectory, oppose to the trajectory of particles, drown on the figure.

At the boundary of the exited region of vacuum the properties of vacuum are change to opposite, - from ferromagnetic to antiferromagnetic.
Last edited by MagneticTrap on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 am

MagneticTrap wrote:
You both (Shadowdraxx and JNW) must go to school once more and to study magnetic interactions.
No u

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 pm

MagneticTrap wrote:
I did, they taught me that your theory fails, at its first inception, so am I to blame for not understading your clearly superior intellect?

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:38 am

Ivan hasn't written anything in a week. Is he alright?

chriwi
LHCPortal Guru

Post by chriwi » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:57 am

Maybe he is too busy and found out, that it will not bring his project (whatever it is) any further even if he manages to convince all the users of this forum.
Maybe we are just not important enough for him, because we also could not change anything or even stop the LHC.
bye

chriwi