My frakking jaw.

Anything unrelated to the LHC
TwoPointOh

My frakking jaw.

Post by TwoPointOh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Let us start at the beginning (for it is a very good place to start).

I like singing. I also like dancing. Occasionally, I combine the two. One such incident happened about 5 years ago when I was involved in a production of Cole Porter's Kiss Me Kate. During the opening number of the dress rehearsal, I was inadvertently punched in the face by an adjacent dancer, causing a fracture and a slipped ligament.

Ever since that fateful rehearsal, my jaw has not been the same. At times, it will click and crack when I move it, and although there is generally no pain, something occasionally gives way and my jaw will ache for a few days. Last night, something new happened. I was attempting to remove a stray piece of food from between my teeth, when one side of my jaw suddenly dislocated. Right out of the socket. It was one of the most painful things that has ever happened to my face.

Fortunately, a well aimed application of C++: The Complete Reference managed to relocate the misplaced mandible, and hilarity began to re-ensue. This whole ordeal was very painful, and rather annoying, not to mention quite worrying. Three of my favourite activities, of which eating and talking are two, require masticular movement. Without my jaw, I am lost.

Sympathy plz.
Last edited by TwoPointOh on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: My frakking jaw.

Post by CharmQuark » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:59 pm

I will give ya all the sympathy you want next week :oops:

Until then AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

*snuggles**

better :D
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

TwoPointOh

Post by TwoPointOh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:27 pm

I shall put in an order for some sympathy, to be redeemed on Wednesday.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:35 pm

TwoPointOh wrote:I shall put in an order for some sympathy, to be redeemed on Wednesday.
Works for me ;) :D
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

March_Hare

Post by March_Hare » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:07 pm

One portion of sympathy, coming right up! Just call if you want another serving. It's on the house today, it being Friday and all.

I might have some sort of idea of what you're going through, though what I experienced probably wasn't the real thing. When I was about 18 or so my jaw would occasionally dislocate itself (or maybe reach the point where it could dislocate but not-quite-yet). Whatever it did, it was un-be-lie-veably painful!
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
~Douglas Adams

tswsl1989
LHCPortal Guru

Post by tswsl1989 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:30 pm

"Two of which are eating and talking" :)

You have my sympathy TwoPointO. And I think that you may have found a very nice use for that C++ book!

TwoPointOh

Post by TwoPointOh » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:11 pm

tswsl1989 wrote:"Two of which are eating and talking" :)

You have my sympathy TwoPointO. And I think that you may have found a very nice use for that C++ book!
The third is left as an exercise for the reader.

c.h.man

Post by c.h.man » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:43 pm

:goodman: there ya go.

Did you, or will you, have it looked at by a doctor?

TwoPointOh

Post by TwoPointOh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:38 pm

I've not had it x-rayed, but it's not hurting anymore. Still clicking like an African language, though.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:21 pm

TwoPointOh wrote:I've not had it x-rayed, but it's not hurting anymore. Still clicking like an African language, though.
ooooooooo can i feel it please :D :whistle: :shhh: :angel:

MarkyB
LHCPortal Guru

Post by MarkyB » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Talking of painful afflictions, about 6 months ago I had an attack of gout that lasted for a week - it was F. painful! Men in their forties should probably watch this...

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gout/Pages ... toask.aspx

I just love the bit (50 seconds in) where the doctor describes the condition as "exquisitely painful" and starts to laugh before the camera cuts away.

MarkyB (hoping it never ever ever comes back).