Mental illness

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
chelle

Re: Mental illness

Post by chelle » Tue May 08, 2012 7:48 pm

draph91 wrote:you got to admit that is sad she was a year younger than me at the time i had the same fears
It is sad that people are using the death of this girl to point the finger at people who dare to be critical. She was probably already a long time in a lot of stress and desperation because of some personal issues. There are thousands of (young) people in distress that kill themselves every year, to put the blame in this case in the hands the people who are critical is like pointing at the last one in line, that is not correct. Sure there is some blame but not their/our/my complete fault, the duty of an opposition is to oppose, and to ask question.

Note, the reporter could have said the LHC will blow up the planet, or the LHC might blow up the planet, ... play of words but at the end of the day it would have made for that girl no or very little difference.

The fact of the matter is that the experiments at the LHC stays risky business with energies, frequencies and density's that are far above what is normal on our planet.
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Tue May 08, 2012 8:40 pm

I was so scared back in 2008/09 that i couldn't eat, sleep didn't even want to talk to anyone about it. However I took the root to learn physics from scratch not the most sensible idea but it worked and now I am confident enough to help other that are scared however I don't think there are that many these days :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

draph91

Post by draph91 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:19 am

Stephen wrote:Hey draph91, welcome on board. I recognize your username from 2012hoax.org. Do you want to tell us more about yourself and your fears? There are several people here who used to be afraid of the LHC (myself included) and will happily address any concerns you might have.
i admit it, i am a little bit afraid i mean in 2014 it will be on at full power what's not to say something won't go wrong or when it's upgraded into the Super Large Hadron Collider in 2019 what's not to say something will also go wrong

also mr wagner claims that strangelets and black holes created by the lhc could appear years later amd wipe out earth

and mr rossler claims that a black hole will consume the earth in 50 months

:lolno:

it doesn't help when you have adhd and aspergers

also has anyone here heard of lhcfacts.org, the Lifeboat Foundation, lhcdefense.org and cerntruth.wordpress.com? if so they are BS :angry-screaming:

also i've been thinking of this for a while would the earth being devoured by a black hole or converted into strange matter count as an environmental disaster???? :think:

also take a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KETtEHX3pwo
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it - Agent K

You hear one doomsday prediction, you hear them all

plum wise

Post by plum wise » Fri May 11, 2012 4:31 am

"Mentally ill" is what society calls a person while it (society) patiently waits for that person to finally become comfortable with being two-faced. After that it's one damnable reincarnation after another, on a merry-go-round conceived by the Devil. Forced eternal life is what it's all about when you're that creature, Homo Sapiens. But it can't go on forever: this Earth and solar system won't submit to serve as the devil's playground ad infinitum. Mark my words.

chelle

Post by chelle » Fri May 11, 2012 8:26 am

plum wise wrote:But it can't go on forever: this Earth and solar system won't submit to serve as the devil's playground ad infinitum. Mark my words.
Like it or not but there will come a 'natural' end to this Earth and solar system anyhow, you might want to read this blog-article: http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang ... he_sun.php

It is just the same like the fact that you know that you are going to die, be it of old age, disease, accident or even murder ... it is all pretty natural.

Anyway you might want to check out this tune: Don't Fear the Reaper

la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la :mrgreen:

draph91

Post by draph91 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Shadowdraxx wrote:OK, so the people, involved with stating publically the "risk of death from the LHC" so to speak:

Walter L Wagner -perfect example here watch the daily show for how realible his work is, also the sites below will fill you in on how he works (note if u were REALLY concerned about the LHC whats the motivation for being shot down on the daily show???).

http://shouldersofgiantmidgets.blogspot ... n-man.html
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-a ... n-collider
http://onscreen-scientist.com/?tag=otto-rossler

Luis Sancho - Sci-Fi writer that spams all sorts of scary OMG CERN ARE EVIL kinda stuff, has no backgroung nor knowledge in any part of physics, here is a qoute
from the stuff he writes in comments to news articles..

A Damocles sword has been hung on the future of mankind. CERN misinforms mankind.
Also Co Plaintiff (with Wagner) in the main Anti LHC lawsuit which can be followed here:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=85716

The Docket filed to the Court:

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court- ... _id-78717/

Otto Rossler - Ahhh a real working scientist, here is some sanity right? erm well apart from working outside his normal field, he also appears to have written his on theories on the way nature could work, again best explained on this site: (note not being a physicist I cant explain why he is wrong and i would be wrong to do so, I can only point people to resources where physicist working in the right fields show his inconsistancies).

Orginal paper he made, and a counter paper to thhat showing errors:

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/LHC/Safety-en.html (towards the bottom).

JTankers - Not sure who this is however he is a important back bone to the anti LHC crew, making websites and forums and then firing semi science (i.e science u could get away with in star trek but not reality) no real evidance of background work on the subject seems to look upto MR Wagner (note bold for not Dr as Jtankers calls him), I'm not sure what his real motivation is, but I'd say he is someone thats very worried but cannot get past this initial fear.

Dr. Rainer Plaga Another late entry into the Anti LHC aspects, i dont want to have a go here really because i feel he made a paper to open talk and dicussion rather than fear mongering, his paper was then shown to be incorrect, and he seems to be accepting of this like any good scientist will, a further example recently he has not continued to discuss the matter in a scary "OMG WERE GOING TO DIE" way, like the other (note including Rossler who at one point had published in the media to put the LHC on the moon, like thats going to save us from a black hole etc etc).

Again some history on him is below:

And the paper he posted, and a then reviewed and show to be in error:

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/LHC/Safety-en.html (towards the bottom)

Ivan Gorelik (Dr. Dark) - mmm I'm not going to say much here other than even the anti LHC crew wont touch his work, and his current course of action is only going to end in a bad way for him, however to represent him offically check his site below:

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/drdark.html

So although there are many physicists that have come up with arguements/counterarguements etc etc to discuss all possible outcomes, all of them every single one are united to state pretty much all models and calculations show we are not at risk from death from the LHC.

And ill end this epic post with this:

All the Anti LHC guys are willing to accept a mathimatical theory that there are more dimensions to our universe (which if was true would be one of the biggest discoveries since fire), yet are not willing to accept the other aspect of this theory that hawking radiation makes black holes irradicate themselves, the two go hand in hand the maths and theory have both, not one or the other.

So they really are being selective to what to tell you, in order to scare and change your stance to allign yourself to their cause as a saviour of the planet.

Peace Out
and luis sancho runs cerntruth
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it - Agent K

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu May 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Cerntruth :dance: gotta love that place if you fancy a giggle haha. anyway Shadowdraxx has not been around for ages :wtf: he travels a lot.
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

draph91

Post by draph91 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:05 pm

CharmQuark wrote:Cerntruth :dance: gotta love that place if you fancy a giggle haha. anyway Shadowdraxx has not been around for ages :wtf: he travels a lot.
seriously? about the "he travels a lot" part?

yeah i have to laugh at how ridiculous it is, but as i'm ashamed to admit it, i have common sense but there is a voice in the back of my head, which resurfaces every now and again and i have to keep reminding myself that the lhc is safe, also take a look at this http://www.unmuseum.org/lhc_danger.htm, it's not fearmongering (well at least i don't think it is) but it does make you think....
Last edited by draph91 on Fri May 25, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri May 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Yeah he travels all over the place has done for years, sometimes he does it with his g/f other times he just jets off by himself :D

As long as you have the right frame of mind to know what is BS everything is good, I know at one point I didn't have the knowledge to know the difference, at that point in my life I didn't know anything about physics or how the crackpots worked, its amazing how easy you can steady yourself when you know where to look for the right information :thumbup:

draph91

Post by draph91 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:44 pm

CharmQuark wrote:Yeah he travels all over the place has done for years, sometimes he does it with his g/f other times he just jets off by himself :D

As long as you have the right frame of mind to know what is BS everything is good, I know at one point I didn't have the knowledge to know the difference, at that point in my life I didn't know anything about physics or how the crackpots worked, its amazing how easy you can steady yourself when you know where to look for the right information :thumbup:
did you read that article, it does make you think

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Sat May 26, 2012 7:48 am

CharmQuark wrote:As long as you have the right frame of mind to know what is BS everything is good...
It's all nice and tidy as long as you stand on the majority side but try standing on the other side for a while and you'll see they also consider themselves having the right frame of mind and knowing what is BS.

What you posted is about the difference between being uncertain or being strong in faith, not about being right.

chelle

Post by chelle » Sat May 26, 2012 8:34 am

Kasuha wrote:
CharmQuark wrote:As long as you have the right frame of mind to know what is BS everything is good...
It's all nice and tidy as long as you stand on the majority side but try standing on the other side for a while and you'll see they also consider themselves having the right frame of mind and knowing what is BS.
So true ... and in relation to 'mental illness' I like to refer to a dialog in Alice in Wonderland:

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'
Alice didn't think that proved it at all; however, she went on 'And how do you know that you're mad?'
'To begin with,' said the Cat, 'a dog's not mad. You grant that?'
'I suppose so,' said Alice.
'Well, then,' the Cat went on, 'you see, a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad.'

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alice's_Ad ... and_Pepper

Kasuha wrote:What you posted is about the difference between being uncertain or being strong in faith, not about being right.
haha Mr. K you shouldn't take her faith away ...

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat May 26, 2012 10:09 am

Kasuha wrote:

What you posted is about the difference between being uncertain or being strong in faith, not about being right.
I never said anything about being right or wrong, all I know is some people are out to make you scared because you don't know enough to steady your own mind, you of all people if you have been keeping up with me for the past 3 years should know at one point I was so scared I couldn't eat, sleep or do anything. as for faith well to be honest I have no comment on that if people have faith in stuff so be it. There is nothing wrong with it, as for me I am an atheist so go figure :D

draph91

Post by draph91 » Sat May 26, 2012 3:31 pm

CharmQuark wrote:
Kasuha wrote:

I never said anything about being right or wrong, all I know is some people are out to make you scared because you don't know enough to steady your own mind, you of all people if you have been keeping up with me for the past 3 years should know at one point I was so scared I couldn't eat, sleep or do anything. as for faith well to be honest I have no comment on that if people have faith in stuff so be it. There is nothing wrong with it, as for me I am an atheist so go figure :D
speaking of mental illnesses which has anyone here ever heard of a YouTube user called EinsteinvsHawking

chelle

Post by chelle » Mon May 28, 2012 7:54 am

draph91 wrote:speaking of mental illnesses which has anyone here ever heard of a YouTube user called EinsteinvsHawking
Draph91 why don't you start a new post regarding this person in the End of the World-section, instead of mixing it over here. You are doing the same thing as with your questions about Stefan Hansen, I would have expected that you had learned something by now. And why don't you add some links and an introduction, so we don't have to look it all up our selves.