last 7 days web stats

Suggestion you might have for new links for my CERN portal page or suggestions for the forum
Xymox
Site Admin

last 7 days web stats

Post by Xymox » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:57 am

These are the web stats for the last 7 days at the portal..

8,000 unique people, 20,000 visits, 146,000 page views, 513,000 hits

The beginning and ending low points are just artifacts of the stats program. The first day and last day are just as busy... Thursday being low is also a artifact.

http://www.lhcportal.com/7days.pdf

gluon

Re: last 7 days web stats

Post by gluon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:35 pm

Nice stats! Lots of valuable info there.

Didn't know the daily visitors were already over the 4K mark! Congratulations.

Also noticed how much more popular the portal is as compared with the forum, which highlights all the hard work done there. Many people are interested in the LHC and though there's a huge load of public info it gets scattered within the cern.ch domain.

It may seem obvious now with hindsight but your merit was to link people looking for info about the collider with the already available pages in a much more pleasant way and by adding value with all the extra explanations.

I believe one can only achieve this kind of stats within such a short period of time when doing something with real quality and that he/she enjoys passionately. Keep up the great work and I hope to be able to contribute more in the future as I get more free time.

Xymox
Site Admin

Re: last 7 days web stats

Post by Xymox » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Its been fun ! and rewarding !
It may seem obvious now with hindsight but your merit was to link people looking for info about the collider with the already available pages in a much more pleasant way and by adding value with all the extra explanations.
Actually that was exactly my intent. My intent was to provide a portal for everyone to easily enjoy the experiment and understand it more. I intentionally used the forum to involve people more. Chat has become even more involving. I am quite intentionally and with lots of thought bringing this awesomely cool science to everybody.

I just had NO idea it would become THIS popular, and so quickly.

The forum will grow. It has already. Its growing much more rapidly then the portal. Not as many people but a very high growth rate. I expected this. People will wander over to the forum as time goes along.

The new thing is the chat. This will be interesting to watch. NO DOUBT its the most fun. It REALLY brings people together.

I want a outreach job at CERN. Then I can bring everybody even more cool stuff to look at.

Actually these stats are not nearly as much fun as looking at the google analytics stats.