Movie called The God Particle.

Anything unrelated to the LHC
CharmQuark
Site Admin

Movie called The God Particle.

Post by CharmQuark » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:30 pm

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-cultu ... he-planet?

I think it would be way over the top, but a good watch anyway, great way to keep the LHC in the public :D really want to know what Chelle thinks of this :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Re: Movie called The God Particle.

Post by DCWhitworth » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 pm

It will be crap and a total fabrication, preying on people's fears to make money.
DC

The LHC - One ring to rule them all !

chelle

Post by chelle » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:37 am

CharmQuark wrote:http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-cultu ... he-planet?

I think it would be way over the top, but a good watch anyway, great way to keep the LHC in the public :D really want to know what Chelle thinks of this :thumbup:
From my point of view the plot makes physically no sense:

"After a physics experiment with a large hadron accelerator causes the Earth to seemingly vanish completely, the terrified crew of an orbiting American space station is left floating in the middle of now-even-more-empty space."

If the earth would vanish than that space station could no longer orbit our planet, due to loss of gravitational force, and it might be pulled into a spiraling path towards the sun ... same goes for the moon.

Anyway judging from who's making the movie, it sounds like it's going to be some type over of the top Sci-Fi movie, and if so than I can imagine that they could come up with a plot where the earth is sucked into some worm hole and end's up at some other place in space a bit like that KIA - One Epic Ride - Commercial or a Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. scenario, and a group of Hero's is going to save Earth. I bet it's going to be great fun and cool images 8-)

But that's not what happens in Dr. Doom's scenario. When I would make a movie, Imma be blowing the Earth up and everything (Sol) gets to be blown along with it into one hell of a Supernova :mrgreen:

... and when the end titles apear they'll be playing this song:
http://youtu.be/n8xC-RQ1W3g
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Hahaha sounds great!!!

Yeah it sounds like it will be like all the other sci-fi movies big effects and explosions along with a not quite right storyline LOL :thumbup:

So this movie of yours I take it I will be playing the lead role :roll: I could save everyone on my ice comet :whistle: oh Chelle your talents are going to waste on this forum!!!! get in touch with Hollywood and see what they think!!! :mrgreen:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

chelle

Post by chelle » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 pm

CharmQuark wrote:So this movie of yours I take it I will be playing the lead role
Sure, if you would like to play yourself, me I'll be letting myself play by a serious actor :mrgreen:

oh Chelle your talents are going to waste on this forum!!!! get in touch with Hollywood and see what they think!!!
Oh no, I have given my life to nuclear physics :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Of course I shall play myself who else but the ever awesome CharmQuark could drive the ice comet hahaha ;)

chelle

Post by chelle » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 am

CharmQuark wrote:Of course I shall play myself who else but the ever awesome CharmQuark could drive the ice comet hahaha
A comet is driven by gravitational forces, but no worries you can still be the one who rides upfront and wear the captain's hat.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Chelle wrote:
CharmQuark wrote:Of course I shall play myself who else but the ever awesome CharmQuark could drive the ice comet hahaha
A comet is driven by gravitational forces, but no worries you can still be the one who rides upfront and wear the captain's hat.
Seems you don't know the story of me and Orion saving ourselves when the LHC makes the world do the cosmos LOL, ummmm this was Ivan's thing!!!! :clap: way over the top but far more realistic that me using the Unicorn :pray:

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Chelle wrote:
I think she means drive as in steer (e.g I drive a car), not that she is personally propelling it :)
DC

chelle

Post by chelle » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:23 pm

DCWhitworth wrote:I think she means drive as in steer (e.g I drive a car), not that she is personally propelling it
That's also what I meant, a comet orbits the sun. The driving that charms could do, would be the same as on a carousel, the whole scene might look a lot like this:

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Clearly you underestimate her powers. And she looks a lot nicer than that plastic bimbo.
DC

chelle

Post by chelle » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:22 pm

DCWhitworth wrote:Clearly you underestimate her powers. And she looks a lot nicer than that plastic bimbo.
... and what drives you to say such flattering things about her?

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Chelle wrote:
DCWhitworth wrote:Clearly you underestimate her powers. And she looks a lot nicer than that plastic bimbo.
Because I have met her and can speak from personal experience. :D
DC

chelle

Post by chelle » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:41 am

DCWhitworth wrote:
Chelle wrote:
Because I have met her and can speak from personal experience. :D
Personal experience, mh, I won't argue on possibly having the upperhand on that bimbo, but underestimating her powers, multiple that is, to steer a comet, ..., what has she done (to you) to convince you of her force ... or has she driven you mad?
Last edited by chelle on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EffieWade

Post by EffieWade » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 am

DCWhitworth wrote:It will be crap and a total fabrication, preying on people's fears to make money.
+1
Large Hadron Collider is an experimenting tool, but the longer it works the more Bradbury-like stories appear here and there. That's stupid