My Intro Post

New users should check this forum first. Say hi.
Neight

My Intro Post

Post by Neight » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 pm

I think that Intro posts are pretty useful. When I post on topics, I prefer to cut out as much of the 'where I'm coming from' sentences and get to the argument at hand :D . Also, my first post may have been kinda rude, so I'm going to try to paint myself more like the polite midwesterner I am offline.

I have a degree in philosophy, and haven't taken a science class since my freshman year of college. My last physics course was in high school, but I found it immensely enlightening and absolutely changed my view of the world around me. Particles physics especially is enticing because of its attempts to simplify the world. I periodically peruse Wikipedia articles about various math and physics topics, and although most of them are over my head, I find myself revisiting them in futile attempts to wrap my brain around their contents.

The LHC attracts me because I'm hard pressed to find a more complex collaborative creation of humanity. Its like one of the ancient wonders of the world, but with a more noble purpose. It just feels like this is the current forefront of science, even though it covers only one aspect.

I look forward to meeting and learning from everyone here, adding where I can, arguing as you do in a forum, and getting gleefully excited about otherwise mundane events at CERN and the LHC.

-N8

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: My Intro Post

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 pm

Welcome to the Forum Neight :D good to have you here with us :)
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Xymox
Site Admin

Re: My Intro Post

Post by Xymox » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:47 am

Oooo cool background and reason to be into the LHC...

WELCOME