Wow this website and forum are incredibly helpful.

New users should check this forum first. Say hi.
rand0m

Wow this website and forum are incredibly helpful.

Post by rand0m » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:05 am

I have to admit, I've been kind of lost when it comes to CERN and the LHC due to my lack of knowledge in the world of physics. I struggle to retain mathematically type equations and certain rules, because i'm more of a conceptual thinker, so the whole concept of the LHC has been absolutely amazing to learn about, as well as starting to scratch the surface of learning the science.

This website has been an excellent starting point for me, and it's made learning about all of this a very fun and enjoyable experience. There are so many useful links for information and videos in the threads, and it's fun to watch the real-time graphs when they inject beams, and then watch the real-time live webcam feed of the control room from CERN.

I'm certainly glad to be part of the community and look forward to learning more as time goes on. Thanks for everything so far - to the entire community.

Just wanted to express my gratitude and salutations to the forum.

Texanguy

Re: Wow this website and forum are incredibly helpful.

Post by Texanguy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:44 am

Welcome to the forum. :D

I'm the same way when it comes to knowledge of particle physics and what-not..though now that I've come to actually appreciate the LHC rather than fear it as i once did, i've actually developed kind of a second-interest in particle physics :} my first being automotive technology :}

but..yes, welcome to the forum :) it's an awesome place.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:44 am

You forgot to mention the live chat ! That was fun Saturday night !

Indeed welcome

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 am

we did have fun sat night was awsome :P and welcome to the Forum Random :D good to have you here with us :)
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.