Chelle goes on ...

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Tau
LHCPortal Guru

Re: Chelle goes on ...

Post by Tau » Mon May 03, 2010 6:36 am

Xymox wrote:Everybody has very fixed opinions and feels they are 100% right.
That's why you don't meet many scientists over in this part of the forum. They are used to not being right. That's what we call progress.
- Tau

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Tue May 04, 2010 8:23 am

People who really want to know what is going on DO NOT insist that they are right. They postulate a set of conditions, and, by argument, attempt to reconcile those conditions with reality.
The true "Crackpot", on the other hand, KNOWS they are right, and regards any contrary indications as evidence of conspiracy or stupidity.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Tue May 04, 2010 12:38 pm

mrgumby wrote:People who really want to know what is going on DO NOT insist that they are right. They postulate a set of conditions, and, by argument, attempt to reconcile those conditions with reality.
The true "Crackpot", on the other hand, KNOWS they are right, and regards any contrary indications as evidence of conspiracy or stupidity.
Can't argue with that :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Wed May 05, 2010 8:07 am

I hate to admit I can't even remember writing that.........must be something to do with the whole bottle of VERY nice red wine that vanished last night......

I agree with it tho.

I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink. I must cut down on the amount of red wine I drink.

Maybe

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Wed May 05, 2010 8:45 am

Does this discussion have anything to do with Chelle and his theories anymore?
Maybe we could let his topic rest in peace...

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Wed May 05, 2010 9:10 am

Kasuha: I humbly apologize for upsetting you by making a single vaguely humorous posting in the wrong forum.
I promise to smack myself severely if I ever think of doing it again.

shakes head slowly and rolls eyes

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu May 06, 2010 1:55 am

mrgumby wrote:Kasuha: I humbly apologize for upsetting you by making a single vaguely humorous posting in the wrong forum.
I promise to smack myself severely if I ever think of doing it again.

shakes head slowly and rolls eyes
:roll:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:49 am

Has anyone heard from Chelle lately? I wonder how he feels about the upcoming heavy ion experiment.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Stephen wrote:Has anyone heard from Chelle lately? I wonder how he feels about the upcoming heavy ion experiment.
Chelle keeps popping back every now and then :D he is trying to get evidence to back his claims :thumbup: I like this about him so much :thumbup:

chelle

Post by chelle » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Stephen wrote:Has anyone heard from Chelle lately? I wonder how he feels about the upcoming heavy ion experiment.
Howdy Stephen et al.

I just passed by to see what's new and noticed your question.

My opinion on particle collisions is still the same, when you keep on cranking up tests, you'll hit a point were things might/could/will go wrong. Scientists can only do limited predictions for the rest they are just searching for things that might/could/will pop up just like how nuclear fission was discoverd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fission#History)

If you argument that the same events, like these collision, happen all the time in nature than you're are only partly telling the truth. Environmental conditions are different as is the flux of these collisions.

Anyway like I said before, I believe that wisdom shall arise and testing will be classified as too risky for global safety.

grtz,

chelle
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Nice of you to pop by Chelle ;) kinda miss you being around :(

Call back again soon :thumbup:

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:16 am

Chelle wrote:I believe that wisdom shall arise and testing will be classified as too risky for global safety.

grtz,

chelle
I would not use the word "wisdom" in the case if the LHC-experiment will be classified as too risky after that we'll already be doomed to die.

chelle

Post by chelle » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 am

MagneticTrap wrote:I would not use the word "wisdom" in the case if the LHC-experiment will be classified as too risky after that we'll already be doomed to die.
... every person is already doomed or blessed to die, that's nothing new, who want's to live forever, as for humanity and life on our planet that lies for a major part in our own hands, we have to be precocious.
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich