oxodoes wrote:Nevertheless every idea deserves attention,
I totally agree with this and think I already wrote something like that in this thread before (maybe it was also one of the others ("sparks" or "errors of physics")).
Maybe I only went a little bit too far based on what is wrote only in this thread, but I also had in mind what was said by Chelle in the other 2 threads.
My opinion is:
1. Every idea deserves attention
2. the one who brought up an idea should bring some aditional info to make it understandable and likely to be helpful to understand reality better than other models befoe.
3. Others should not be requested to proof or disproof a new idea only to continue with other tasks (like making LHC experiments)
4. someone who has a new idea and belives based on this idea somthing what otrhers do might be dangerous sould try to bring proof to make his view more likely and make the others think twice, but not only request them to stop just on chance or even try to sabotage them or encourage others to do so.
5. It is nice of others to discuss new ideas, but they should not be requested to do so and also not be hindered to do other things without a reasonable proof comming from the person who brougth up the possibilityof danger or others who are willing to examine the new idea.
Most of this has to do more with the other threads, so what doesnt apply here might not be used for this thread.
Actually I had to read all activ threads this morning first to find that I wrote what I wrote before in this one, I usuallycling not so much to threads but more to a group of peole I am discussing with.