Mental illness

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
mrgumby

Re: Mental illness

Post by mrgumby » Sat May 01, 2010 2:54 am

Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness. It takes strength to tell someone that you need help. Weak people can't face that.
Admitting you need help is step number one, and the biggest step.
If your doctor just says "you're sad not depressed", or "just tough it out", or anything else unhelpful.......pick up your records on the way out and find a Doctor who is prepared to listen.
EVERYBODY needs help sometimes...thats just how it is.
Re meds....sure........ I'd rather not need them, but thats NOT how it is for me. So I take them. Thats fine. If I seem grumpy now, you should see me without my meds.

:happy-sunshine:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat May 01, 2010 1:47 pm

:D I should do this yes but for the time being i think it's just the situation i am in that is making me a bit wonkie people sometimes forget that we also have things going on in real life :lol: I think i am comfortable with my doctor because he knows about my medical condition i mean all the doctors know but you know what it's like when you trust someone? in time i might once again go and ask for help :D suppose we all have good days and bad days eh? one thing i know is the sun always makes you feel a little bit better about things hehe ;)
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Sun May 02, 2010 2:14 am

Real life?.....I think I heard about that somewhere.....probably in a SF or Fantasy novel.

Yeah, things build up sometimes and coping seems to be something that other people do...

When One of my computer users at work gets frantic because they cannot open an email I generally say "can you tell me how many people have died so far because of this?". I'm trying to apply the same thinking to my own life. Work out whats important first and I'm only allowed to worry about that if I can effect the outcome. It doesn't always work but its a good start.

The older I get the more I'm convinced that NO_ONE really knows what is going on and NO_ONE feels that they are coping very well. Most people are just too scared to admit it.

I'm quite happy to admit that I stumble along in blissful ignorance, from one disaster to the next, making everything up as I go along. I think if I'm ever reincarnated I should like to be a village idiot somewhere.....pure bliss.....

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sun May 02, 2010 2:21 am

my mental state tonight can't even reply to this :)
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 am

you must be approaching nirvana!

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sun May 02, 2010 2:55 pm

mrgumby :D

If i get reincarnated i would love to come back as someone with a fantastic mind and i will discover something that nobody has before, make millions and live in a huge house ahaha,

Anyways I like the fact that my mind is not always steady, I find that my thinking is sometimes off the wall and people think i am really weird in my eyes i would rather be a little wonkie than normal, mind that statement can mean so much, I mean what is normal what can be normal to one person can be off the wall and seem crazy to another, I love the fact i have a very open mind :ugeek:

So back to depression some days i am really good and others i have to drag myself out of bed and have to make myself talk to people usually on these days everybody just tends to leave me alone i call these my quiet days.

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Sat May 08, 2010 9:04 am

The more you know, and the brighter you are, the more people expect of you.

If you have a reputation for knowing nothing, people will leave you alone.

:think:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat May 08, 2010 1:19 pm

mrgumby wrote:The more you know, and the brighter you are, the more people expect of you.

If you have a reputation for knowing nothing, people will leave you alone.

:think:
:roll: :wtf: True that :whistle:

chelle

Post by chelle » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:23 pm

Mailo wrote:
Chelle wrote:Intensity goes along with frequency, what do you think a high pitch tone is, remember my breaking glass argument, nobody commented on it, why?
Maybe noone commented because it is totally irrelevant to the subject at hand, namely particle collisions? There is no connection whatsoever. Yes, a tone (sound, aka vibration of air molecules) can be quantified by intensity and frequency. Great. Very relevant if you're trying to reduce noise or conduct an orchestra. NOT when discussing the LHC. Please, please, PLEASE stop making these irrelevant, absurd and totally inappropriate (yet hilarious) analogies. You don't really do yourself any favors with them, they make you totally unbelievable.
Hello,

I'm back, for a quick one time post :)

I just read this piece of information and thought it would be interesting to ad it over here:
Scientists have simulated the sounds set to be made by sub-atomic particles such as the Higgs boson when they are produced at the Large Hadron Collider. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science_and_ ... 385675.stm
I hope it's not to far out dated, as I haven't been following the discussions,

cheers,

chelle
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

chriwi
LHCPortal Guru

Post by chriwi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:19 pm

No, its not far out, but in the wrong thread and was already posted at another place here before.

Thanks for coming back anyways, I alreadymissed you.
bye

chriwi

chelle

Post by chelle » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:36 pm

chriwi wrote:No, its not far out, but in the wrong thread ...
I thought is was relatively relevant to the quoted comments made by 'Mailo' and myself, especially this part of the article:
"If the energy is close to you, you will hear a low pitch and if it's further away you hear a higher pitch," the particle physicist told BBC News.
chriwi wrote:Thanks for coming back anyways, I alreadymissed you.
Hey thx, I appreciate that, I'm still working on my concept and hope to come back (soon) to present it, but I'm slow . . .

grtz,

chelle

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Chelle :D

It's really good to see you back on the boards :thumbup:

Hope you have been well?

chelle

Post by chelle » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:41 pm

CharmQuark wrote:Chelle :D
It's really good to see you back on the boards :thumbup:
hey, thx.
CharmQuark wrote:Hope you have been well?
I've been just released from a 3 month stay in a sanitarium :crazy:

No, I'm kidding, I realised the last time that I that had become redundant. But this sound thing that I bumped into, was funny in reference to previous arguments. I'll return when the thingy I'm trying to work out is any good and/or relevant.

ciao,

chelle

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Look forward to seeing it :thumbup:

Don't stay away to long :wave:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:46 am

Maybe sometimes the fear don't completely disappear? :shifty: it just hides away in the darkest corners of you mind :ugeek: waiting for something to trigger you that badly that it all comes flooding back :wtf: