Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
MagneticTrap

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Tomorrow they are ready to start the LHC collider. The Earth can be exploded in a 1000 seconds!

----------

In some articles about neutron stars (pulsars, magnetars) and about magnetized vacuum lattices, created at colliders, the authors use a formula:

qB = 2*pi*k / L^2 (in ?atomic? units).

q- charge of a “down” quark; B – external magnetic field; L- parameter of a vacuum lattice; k-integers.

Let’s rewrite this formula in SI and let k=1. Let forget about quark and use this formula for proton.
qB = 2*pi*h / L^2
Let’s multiply both sides of the formula by cr, where c – speed of light; r- Compton radius of a proton.

crqB = 2*pi*h*c*r / L^2.

Using p=crq (proper magnetic moment, which is more then orbital moment by 2), and 2*pi*r =L, and h*c/L=mc^2:

pB = mc^2.

This is the formula of a “black hole”, connected by magnetic forces, or simply “magnetic hole”, which are dipole.

Here is analogues formula for black hole, connected by gravity forces
GMm/R = mc^2/2.

Magnetic hole is 10^36 times stronger than gravity hole!
Magnetic hole created at LHC will have the radius about 10^-16 meters (black hole – 10^-51 meters).

At the collider RHIC they already received the field 10^15 teslas.
They already computed that in the centers of magnetars is almost the same field.

Tomorrow they are ready to start the LHC collider.
The critical field, 10^16 teslas, will be achieved at the LHC.
The embryo of neutron star (magnetic black hole) will be created at LHC.
The Earth can be exploded in a 1000 seconds.
Are you happy?

Best regards, Ivan Gorelik.
-----------------
Some articles: where you can find the formula (qB), or (qH), or (eH)…
arXiv:0711.2845v1 Spontaneous creation of chromomagnetic field and A0-condensate at high temperature on a lattice
arXiv:0710.1084v2 Axial anomaly and magnetism of nuclear and quark matter
arXiv:hep-ph/0508219v1 Color Ferromagnetism of Quark Matter ; a Possible Origin of
Strong Magnetic Field in Magnetars
arXiv:hep-lat/9210028v1 The Savvidy “ferromagnetic vacuum” in three-dimensional lattice gauge theory
arXiv:0912.1413v1Chiral and Diquark condensates at large magnetic field in two-flavor superconducting quark matter
arXiv:1002.0418v1 Chiral Magnetic Effect and Chiral Phase Transition
arXiv:0807.2917v1 QCD Vacuum Properties in a Magnetic Field from AdS/CFT: Chiral Condensate and Goldstone Mass
arXiv:0909.1808v2 Lattice QCD in strong magnetic fields
arXiv:hep-ph/9703201v1 QUARK CONDENSATE IN A MAGNETIC FIELD.
arXiv:hep-ph/0205348v3 Magnetic catalysis and anisotropic confinement in QCD
arXiv:0706.3208v3The chiral condensate in a constant electromagnetic field

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:50 pm

I know that you think that Ivan is crazy and that there's nothing to fear, but can someone please take a close look at his recent calculations and claims, explain exactly why he's wrong and point out his mistakes? I'm getting worried a little. :sad-pacing:

Allan

Post by Allan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Looks like his typical BS. As far as I can see he hasn't changed anything yet. Pure garbage.

Allan

Janelouise

Post by Janelouise » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:09 pm

But MagneticTrap!!! The collisions aren't even starting until mid-March to April!! I don't understand you. :roll: :? Are you saying just by setting up Beam it is going to cause an explosion? :yawn: This was all done last year and we are still here! :crazy:

Steven,try not to get too worried... I felt this way at first but I've done a lot of research in the meantime :) I'm still nervous of course but it's certainly not from what Magnetic Trap says!

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Allan wrote:Looks like his typical BS. As far as I can see he hasn't changed anything yet. Pure garbage.

Allan
But could you point out the exact mistakes in his recent equations and claims about "magnetized vacuum lattice" and "chromomagnetic forces"?

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:33 pm

to quote somewhere else which was posted a long time ago...
Essentially what this guy is doing is pulling equations out of his anal orifice and claiming they are relevant. For example his formula pB=mc^2. Apart from the fact that mc^2 is only relevant when particles are at rest, the magnetic field would have to be absolutely huge. In fact, nearly 4 x 10^7 T for the LHS to equal the RHS for the proton. For comparison, the largest magnet at the LHC produces just over 8 T
thanks to the original poster but i forget who it was

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:31 pm

AlphaNumeric addressed this specific equation, but now Ivan added some new calculations and claims. I realize it's probably incorrect, but it would be very helpful to explain it in detail.

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:48 pm

well as the basis is totally flawed why would the rest of it (upon which it is based) be correct?.

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:58 pm

The last three paragraphs (starting with "Magnetic hole is ..." are not in any way related the the preeceding equations. His conclusions in these three paragraphs, including all numbers, have been 'pulled completely out of "thin air' and are just a product of his warped imagination for the equations themselves are just a false trail of giberish substitutions.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Didn't these equations come from the articles he quoted (although it's still not clear why he chose to associate them with magnetic dipole)?

Does he have a point in connecting his theory to stuff like "ferromagnetic vacuum", or is it gibberish as well?

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:00 pm

Ivan likes to point to other documents, some legitimate and some as crazy as his ideas, and claim that they prove his theories. It is miss-direction, sleight-of hand, and by your question of: (“although it’s still not clear why he chose to associate them with magnetic dipole” ) tells me that you are also beginning to see through him.

Let your common sense prevail and you, along with the rest of the world, will be fine.

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Take Brian Cox as a hostage. If CERN would not stop their LHC experiment cut off the Brian's head.
Erm wtf, seriously thats really fucked up and really well shouldnt link from this forum/site

spencer

Post by spencer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 am

Ivan Gorelik is a terrorist posing as a pseudo physicist.

This is the only thing that he has convinced me to believe.

He crossed the line a long time ago.

He should be deprived of any resource that he will use to promote terror and cause harm to innocent civilians.

spencer

Allan

Post by Allan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:36 am

Hence my reason for saying he should be banded from this forum. I do not believe terrorist should have a free voice to spout their garbage.

Allan

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:46 am

Can anyone please address what he's saying about quark gluon condensate?
http://darkenergy.narod.ru/index.html