Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Xymox
Site Admin

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Xymox » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Ooo.... He was doing PM's ? Didn't think about that... Better go delete his PM's.

Well he is intensely banned.

Magnetic Trap..

As long as you do not abuse others or post outside the controversial forum then you can post here. These are the same rules I gave to Discern. He decided to abuse CERN employees and post private information and also posted in a forum outside the controversial forum.

This also extends to PM's of course.

If you do not follow these rules, I will ban you, block your IP's from connecting, block your email address and remove all your postings. Also depending on the content of your post I may also report a threat to your ISP and I have looked and your ISP has a Terms of Service that covers this. So you could loose your internet connection.

I want to have you on the forum. You can stay here and express yourself freely. AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW THE RULES...

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Gotta love the Ultimatum. :mrgreen:

phil

Post by phil » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi Xymox,

Yes, discern sent me a PM not long after I made my first post.
He sent me 4 links to click on all about nasty things that he believed the LHC will achieve.
Not very nice of him at all,especially when he knew how my partner felt regards the scare mongery.
I will never understand people who get a kick out of scaring other people. :(

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:26 pm

Gotta love the Ultimatum. :mrgreen:
...sigh...

I really dont want to ban anyone. I am VERY much about freedom of expression.

In THIS forum, The Controversial Forum, I am going to tolerate a lot of things. If a forum member gets into a verbal fight here I am OK with that. AS LONG AS THREATS DO NOT GET TOO SERIOUS. I dont care about language. I will NOT get involved at all unless someone complains or private info is posted. It will REQUIRE a complaint for me to even consider any action. Private info or threats of violence will be enough for a instant banning/purging. I dont mind a good cage fight, as long as it stays in the ring.

In fact. A good cage fight in a forum is great entertainment.
Yes, discern sent me a PM not long after I made my first post.
I had not considered that people may abuse others via PM.. Well needless to say this needs to be reported to me.

I have finally had breakfast after 3hrs of drama here. I will go delete any PM's Discern sent now..

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 pm

I apologize, Xymox. >_<
Edit:oh..and yay for cagefighting/mma. :mrgreen: props on the reference.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:00 am

apologize
?? for ??
Nothing i know of needs apologizing for :)

I cant wait to see if magnetic trap comes back to defend himself. Im still ready to fight..

So lets start off with a question..

Magnetic Trap,

Is it possible you are wrong with your theories. Is it possible ?

How have you determined, with such certainty, that your right ?

You still have provided no proof at all that you are correct.

Is it possible that you are overly fearful and that scaring the public is a irresponsible, immoral and unethical thing to do if you have no proof at all of your theories ?

Actually I feel really bad for you. You have created a very bad situation for yourself and then locked yourself in. You would feel so much better if you just let a little hope in that maybe the LHC wont destroy the world and that maybe you are wrong. Its OK to be wrong. WE ALL are wrong now and then. Its hard to admit being wrong..

I think the best thing for you is to get off the internet and then dont do anything that will cause you to think about the LHC any more.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:12 am

well said :D
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:43 am

O M G

The comments on the Register are pretty funny...

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1 ... rk_energy/

"Sounds like he's describing an inverse warp-core ejection. If I was a warp core, I'd do that , eject the ship & crew from myself and claim self-defence. They're always causing trouble for us cores."

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:50 am

My apology was one of those "Just-in-case" kind of apologies...i wasn't certain if i were a cause of frustration or not, so i apologized.."just in case". :D

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:38 am

At last, the news about the most dangerous thing, which can be created at LHC, was published in well-known media edition.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/04/dr_dark_energy/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/04 ... page2.html

At the end of the article the author try to calm the readers that LHC will collide protons with the energy only about 450 GeV.

But the calculation (two independent approaches) gives us the value about 250 GeV.

Indeed, that is smaller than the collision energy of Tevatron. But is it possible to create a magnetic hole at Tevatron, colliding protons and antiprotons? Magnetic field in the central point between these flying by particles is equal to zero, B = 0. But at the LHC B = 2B_1.

That is smaller than the energy of cosmic rays. But look at my model with two 10-kg bottles with neutrons. You will see that the bottle, corresponding to cosmic rays, will be safe. But the bottle, corresponding to LHC collisions, will transform the town into Hiroshima.

The 250 GeV energy per colliding proton was already achieved at RHIC. Experimentalists could see collapses – fireballs – about four years ago. It is possible that those fireballs are experimental proves of magnetic holes. Those holes evaporated immediately because the RHIC collided heavy nuclei, containing many protons and neutrons. Will such holes evaporate at LHC, or will created magnetic holes begin to capture the slowly moving protons of Earth?

One of the authors of documents about the safety of LHC, Igor Tkachev, is 100% confident that at the center of our Galaxy there is a huge black hole.
I am 95 % confident that at the center of our Galaxy there is a huge magnetic hole. I think that magnetic hole, besides the magnetic field, has axial-symmetric gravity field, stretching mostly in the plane of our Galaxy. This explains the huge velocities of peripheral stars of our Galaxy. In other words, - there is no any dark matter in our Universe. Its role is performed by magnetic holes. There is no any dark energy in our Ever Young Universe. Its role is performed by cosmic background radiation. Hubble constant is not the parameter of Universe expansion, but the angular frequency of 4-d rotation of Universe. 13.34 billion years is not the age of Universe, but the time of one full 4-d rotation of Ever Young Universe. Energy sources of stars in Ever Young Universe are different from the sources in Big Bang Universe. Our energy sources can be described by corrected formula of Hawking. This formula must contain the square root from Dirac’s big number. This formula describes the luminosity of stars, but not the black holes evaporation. In our model there are no black holes, but there can be extremely rapid gravity collapses, ending by disappearance of gravity funnel and huge gamma-burst. Gravity collapse is the final part of magnetic collapse if the mass of the magnetic hole is sufficient and if its configuration is correspondent.

Astronomers, show me, please, black holes.
No?
But, I can to show you the picturesque magnetic hole.
Here it is: Image

Magnetic holes explain us the cause of several astronomical pulses: gamma-bursts, huge radio jets, the annihilation lines of electron-positron pairs, huge velocities of remnants of cosmic catastrophes, the absence of civilizations which are older, than those, who can build powerful colliders.

People, please, stop powerful colliders immediately.
Collisions with energy, more that 100 GeV must be banned by international law, otherwise our Solar system will look like SN 1987A.
Is it possible you are wrong with your theories. Is it possible ?
If I was not confident, I would not fear LHC, I would sleep calmly, but, as can you see, I am in shock now.
How have you determined, with such certainty, that your right ?
You still have provided no proof at all that you are correct.
Two mathematical proves. Dozen of supplementary arguments.
Is it possible that you are overly fearful and that scaring the public is a irresponsible, immoral and unethical thing to do if you have no proof at all of your theories ?
I said the truth. Are bigbangers responsible and honest in their gaining the ruling position in science? Look at the open letter of anti bigbangers, signed by thousand of famous scientists, who are rejected the idea of Big Bang: http://www.cosmologystatement.org/
There is no pluralism in science now. Science was transformed into religious dogma by bigbangers. Because of this I have no job in science. Because of this the Earth can undergo the big bang, but this bang will not prove the Big Bang theory.

People, please, stop powerful colliders immediately.
Collisions with energy, more that 100 GeV must be banned by international law.

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:48 am

Magnetic, if you really want this thing stopped, you're begging/pleading to the wrong people.

If you really want to accomplish your goal, however far-fetched it may be, seek higher authority..don't ask regular users with no authority over it to somehow assume authority.. it just wont happen.

Also, the standard model has farrrrr more credentials,experiments,theories,research, and other data behind it than the "magnetic hole" theory, or whatever it may be..that should tell you something.
Now, in an effort to calm you down, I'll try and tell you this; i used to be scared of this thing. Instead of begging people to stop it and claiming that it would destroy the earth or whatever, i decided to do the proper research and what i found has calmed me, and has even caused me to appreciate this experiment and the results it may hopefully produce. Relax.. the expansion of knowledge is a wonderful endeavor. if the odds were really against humanity, there wouldnt be so many physicists (renowned or non) saying that it's Perfectly Safe. i put my faith in my research, and theirs. you should consider doing the same. Good luck.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:54 am

YES !!! GO IVAN !!!!

I LOVE the way you adopted the Register story as your first publishing... That shows style and is quite impressive.. You want that Golden Tinfoil Crown dont you ?

So... ANY publicity is good publicity... I am quite certain you are used to bad things being said to you. So you pretty much ignore reality. There is -zero- chance you are going to ever look into it being safe right ?

No doubt you feed off the attention... You ignore anything contrary to your beliefs...

Ok... Enough bashing... Its rude of me...

So.. I assume you have accepted the terms I spelled out. You can post here, Say what you want, BUT do NOT post in the other forums, threaten other users or post private information. DO NOT PM people with your views.. If someone PM's you first then you can respond. Do NOT spam anyone with your views. If someone has questions please do your best to respond, do not just ignore them and post. This is a FORUM and implies 2 way conversations. If you heed these rules I will LOVE for you to stay.. If you break these rules I will deal with it quickly and resolutely.

I will form some more questions for you.

You have not answered my main question...

What are the odds that you are incorrect ?
Give me numbers and how you arrived at them.

Is it statistically possible that you are incorrect ? Yes or No
How would you go about calculating this ?

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:01 am

<-- Currently preparing to see a random ram-and-jam of frivolous numbers & variables.. :|

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:02 am

OH WAIT, he's offline...curses. i suppose i'll have to wait until the morning..OH WAIT, it is morning...Hm...hmmm.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:17 am

Sure... I think it -might- be possible there was no big bang. Im willing to entertain this. Its interesting thought. Might be true..

There are published papers that were independently peer reviewed involved in the story you mention. People agree, there might not have been a big bang.

But those same scientists would look at your work as complete nonsense without any proof and no peer review. It has never even been submitted for review... The only review I can find is in the physics forums and they carefully took your ideas completly apart one at a time and discussed each one and showed clearly none of them were remotely plausible.

Go submit a paper to http://arxiv.org/

Those scientists did indeed consider that maybe the big bang never happened. So they are open to new radical ideas if its a plausible possibility. Go post your paper and lets see what they say ? Until then you really have a moral responsibility to not cause people harm. Your words could cause someones death. You need to take responsibility for your actions.

There is NO DOUBT this is the BEST way to stop the LHC. ++PROVE++ your theories are correct.. By NOT submitting a paper you are failing to do your duty to save the world.

The problem here seems to be that you have tried this already and no one found your theories even remotely plausible.

Have you thought about seeing a doctor and trying to address this as a unreasonable fear ? Its almost a phobia, A fear of the LHC..

I would like to help you understand it is not dangerous, but I dont think you will listen to anyone..