Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by CharmQuark » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Ivan

you know that we also care about you :romance-caress:

Please do not do anything sillly :romance-kisscheek:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Stephen wrote:Ivan, there might not be any reason for you to ruin your health. I contacted some professors who explained to me some basic errors in your arguments. If you want, we can discuss this issue in length and maybe you can return to your normal life in a few days when nothing bad happens.
OK.
Dear Stephen, ask those professors several questions:

1. What types of strange matter do they know? Composition. Binding energy per constituent element. What is the minimal quantity of strange nucleons in a strangelet in order the strangelet would be stable?

2. What will happen with proton if the binding energy of “strange nucleon” would be, for example, about 500 MeV?

3. What will happen with proton if the binding energy of x-boson in a magnetic hole is, for example, about 300 MeV? (My x-boson can be received in this reaction: p+M{n}=M{n+1}+e^+. M – magnetic hole; index – number of x-bosons in the magnetic hole.)

4. What will they say about four crude errors and one lie assertion, found by me in the documents of CERN about safety of high energy collisions on collider?

I could ask much more questions, but I do not believe, that those professors would be honest and correct.

My answers:

N(uds);
N(uds)M(udd);
N(uss)M(uds);
N(uss)M(udd);

Combinations with charged usual and strange nucleons.

N- number of one type of “nucleons” in strangelet; M – number of another type of nucleons” in strangelet.

10-1000.

2. Explosion of Earth.

3. Explosion of Earth.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:57 pm

But since the performed collisions will be on the order of 3.5 TeV, why are you concerned about it being less than 500 MeV, which you think is the binding energy required to break up strangelets? Here is what I could find on the subject.
10^3 eV = 1,000 eV Kev = Kilo electron volt
10^6 eV = 1,000,000 eV MeV = Mega electron volt
10^9 eV = 1,000,000,000 eV GeV =Giga electron volt
10^12 eV = 1,000,000,000,000 eV TeV = Terra electron volt
10^15 eV = 1,000,000,000,000,000 eV PeV = Peta electron volt
10^18 eV = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 eV EeV = Exa electron volt
10^21 eV = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 eV ZeV = Zeta electron volt
In addition, I would appreciate it if you addressed the points brought up to me by a certain professor, regarding your explanation as to why neutron stars and white dwarfs still exist.
Regarding your argument of atmospheric magnetic holes being destroyed by further collisions - cosmic rays vary in frequency and energy. If magnetic holes were possible, we should have already seen them by now. There are areas in space where cosmic rays are rare, so the idea of them being generated one after the other in the same exact location is quite far fetched.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:13 pm

But since the performed collisions will be on the order of 3.5 TeV, why are you concerned about it being less than 500 MeV, which you think is the binding energy required to break up strangelets? Here is what I could find on the subject.

10^3 eV = 1,000 eV Kev = Kilo electron volt
10^6 eV = 1,000,000 eV MeV = Mega electron volt
10^9 eV = 1,000,000,000 eV GeV =Giga electron volt
10^12 eV = 1,000,000,000,000 eV TeV = Terra electron volt
10^15 eV = 1,000,000,000,000,000 eV PeV = Peta electron volt
10^18 eV = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 eV EeV = Exa electron volt
10^21 eV = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 eV ZeV = Zeta electron volt
Dear Stephen, are we in the kinder-garden?
It seems we are in the crazy-garden.

Mass of free neutron - ?
Mass of neutron in D, He, C, O, Fe - ?

Mass of free Λ - ?
Mass of Λ in a strange matter containing 10 Λ - ?
Mass of Λ in a strange matter containing 100 Λ -?
Mass of Λ in a strange matter containing 1000 Λ -?

How many Λ can have a strangelet and how many anti-Λ can have anti-strangelet in the reaction?

p+p = p+p+ N(uds)+N(uds)

Anti-strangelet N(uds) will annihilate; strangelet N(uds) can ruin the Earth.
Magnetic hole also can explode the Earth.

I do not know what is more dangerous.

Both are deadly dangerous.

Contact of normal matter with dark matter will transform the normal matter into dead dark matter.

The Earth can be transformed into clump of dark matter in a dozen of hours.

Best regards, Ivan, "Dr Dark Energy".

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:19 pm

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:10 am

MagneticTrap wrote: Dear Stephen, are we in the kinder-garden?
It seems we are in the crazy-garden.

Best regards, Ivan, "Dr Dark Energy".
Ivan, I'm not sure why you are worried of strangelets being stable at 3.5 TeV, when you yourself claimed their binding energy to be 500 MeV. I only brought up the list of orders of magnitude to demonstrate that even if what you're saying is true, no deadly strangelets can be created in the LHC. Besides, why are you ignoring my astrophysical argument?

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:12 am

Stephen wrote:
MagneticTrap wrote: Ivan, I'm not sure why you are worried of strangelets being stable at 3.5 TeV, when you yourself claimed their binding energy to be 500 MeV. I only brought up the list of orders of magnitude to demonstrate that even if what you're saying is true, no deadly strangelets can be created in the LHC. Besides, why are you ignoring my astrophysical argument?
500 MeV is the binding energy per one constituent element of a strangelet.
500 MeV*1000 = 500 GeV = 0.5 TeV is the total binding energy per strangelet, which can be created at collider or in the collision with cosmic proton and atmospheric proton.

The first one survives because small velocities.
The second one decays because it will be heated by protons with kinetic energy more than 0.5 TeV.

This answer gives you one astrophysical argument.

Here is the second astrophysical argument. Every year in our Galaxy dies dozen stars as novae. Every 100 years in our Galaxy dies one star as supernova. Dead stars are members of dead dark matter. The quantity of dead dark matter in our Galaxy is 6 times more as the quantity of ordinary matter.

Contact of normal matter with dark matter will transform the normal matter into dead dark matter.

The Earth can be transformed into clump of dark matter today.

Best regards, Ivan.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:40 am

Well Ivan, things are just fine at 7TeV

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:52 am

I hope you can start enjoying your family and stuff now Ivan ;)
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Ivan, how do you feel about the fact that we're all still alive? The experiment has already performed collisions at an energy of 3.5 TeV, and so far no magnetic traps are detected.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Stephen wrote:Ivan, how do you feel about the fact that we're all still alive? The experiment has already performed collisions at an energy of 3.5 TeV, and so far no magnetic traps are detected.
Thank you, OK.

Crime had happened. Collisions with the energy 3.5 TeV per proton or 7 TeV per collision were performed.
If a dangerous microscopic condensates (magnetic holes, strangelets or black holes) were already created then, according to the time of its growth, which is equal from 1000 seconds to 1000 days, we can suppose that the most probable days of “our start into cosmos” are from 30-th of March to the 1-st of April.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:00 pm

But since the growth rate of these objects is so rapid, any magnetic holes etc. should have already been detected by now. CERN people have multiple cameras filming them, and you can find screen caps from all of the detectors. You are more than welcome to follow these sources yourself and make sure nothing dangerous is created.

Just remember what you previously said - that if no magnetic holes are created at this energy, then the probability of a global catastrophe at an energy of 7 TeV per beam significantly decreases.

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:36 pm

MagneticTrap wrote:Crime had happened. Collisions with the energy 3.5 TeV per proton or 7 TeV per collision were performed.
If a dangerous microscopic condensates (magnetic holes, strangelets or black holes) were already created then, according to the time of its growth, which is equal from 1000 seconds to 1000 days, we can suppose that the most probable days of “our start into cosmos” are from 30-th of March to the 1-st of April.
My personal opinion is, the only crime that happened here is spreading rumors and fears and that's been happening for a very long time already, just it's not been done by CERN.

Aside of that, what you just said: IF the particle was created (apparently you're not that sure as before) we're gonna die in maybe three years. Good game, because nobody will remember your today's threats in three years. But that doesn't make them any more true.

tswsl1989
LHCPortal Guru

Post by tswsl1989 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:53 pm

Hear, Hear!

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 am

Magnetic Wasps ? Huge magnetic doughnuts ?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/bueau ... 5848774377