Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Xymox
Site Admin

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Xymox » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:18 am

No doubt he is off posting that he has been published....

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:23 am

We shallllll see. ._. im trying to research "Magnetic Holes"...can't find anything substantial on them whatsoever. imagine that..

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:27 am

Im enjoying this more then watching the LHC right now !

Nothing like a good forum cage fight..

The problem is I don't think he cares at all what we think, or for that matter what anyone thinks.

HE IS RIGHT... and NO ONE is as smart as he is. He has all the answers. He is trying to save us all. Its all a conspiracy against him...

Its just classic...

Why NOT submit a paper ? Because it would prove he was wrong. No way he is going to do that.

I really would like to help him. I would really like for him to consider that he is wrong... But I dont think there is any remote possibility of this at all. Sadly.

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:35 am

Well, he's put so much effort into trying to scare people with a barely, if credible at all, theory (i attempted to research it and found almost nothing EXCEPT for the fact that the picture he uses, is one of the remnants of a supernova..not a magnetic hole) that if he were proven wrong, he'd go down in history as a fool, in a way.. and he knows it. he just doesn't want that so he rambles on everywhere he can go, but it's inevitable.. : \

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:44 am

This will be fun over time... The forum will be here for years. Many years... I will follow up with this years from now. Each time the LHC reaches new levels and does not distroy the world and "Bust Panspermia" Via comets...

The fun part is, he leaves room in case it does not happen. Its like 95% or something.. So he could go his whole life on this theory saying it might happen any day...

Again just classic illness..

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:32 am

Agreed, it will be quite a bit of fun :}

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:41 am

I have to admit that sometimes fun is good :P so i think i can cope :lol:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:24 pm

Well I must admit I'm not really finding this fun, just irritating.

You are wasting your breath trying to convince him. He's wrong, very badly wrong, proven so but he won't listen because in his own head he's completely certain he's discovered something enormous and no one is going to be allowed to dissuade him of this.

You won't deflect him because he's convinced he's doing the right thing (Hitler was convinced of that too).

Such people are highly dangerous.
DC

The LHC - One ring to rule them all !

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:07 pm

I have to say that it's easy to cause me anxiety regarding the LHC, but even I laugh at Ivan's theories. He claims a number of obscure things on his website - the universe is not expanding, civilizations kill themselves every year in our galaxy, there is a magnetic hole in our galaxy and not a black hole, the CERN logo consists of "666" so it must represent the devil, and it goes on and on.

Ivan - you say the energy needed for magnetic holes is 250 GeV. The LHC has already collided protons to an energy of 450 GeV. Can you please acknowledge that? Let's face it - there's nothing we can do to stop the operation of the LHC. Don't you prefer to spend what you believe to be your last days, doing something fun you always wanted to do? Instead of spending your time and money on petitions that won't change anything - why don't you instead go sky diving, or go on a trip to Hawaii? Maybe if you're lucky you cam meet Walter Wagner.

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:13 pm

Well said. :D

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Stephen,,, yes well said...

DCWhitworth,

Yes I agree... BUT I think its important to have him here so we can clearly show how nutty people can be a real hazard and cause distress. He has no grip on relaity. He creates his own facts and jumps to completly fictional results. He is a perfect example of this. We can then also clearly show he has made all this up in his head and there is no reason to fear the LHC based on his his ranting conclusions.

This will help others who are worried about the LHC...

This illness is the common base for all the people who say the world is going to be destroyed by the LHC. Some of them hide behind better constructed facades and use better math. But the illness is the same. Its a dangerous illness as the doom and gloom they preach effects many people who cant follow the math/science as its very complex. They cannot see easily that these crackpots are loony.

Its a dangerous and immoral illness they practice. When their illness effects others thats when I get angry. If their illness just effects themselves, then no big deal,,, when it harms others thats when I get proactive and angry. Gimme a syringe of Thorazine and I will calm them down, lets lock them up and do intervention. Treat them in a institution and get them over this illness before they harm anyone else with baseless rants like "Magnet trap of the devil"

I think this thread is great....

Also... There is a whole audience who likes to see loonies like this. I admit I find it entertaining.. When I created the forum I was hoping for this very form of entertainment. Magnetic Trap has exceeded my expectations.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:35 am

Today or tomorrow CERN plans to fulfill the first 0.45 TeV collisions.
23 of November they already saw spontaneous collisions and that did not led* to catastrophe.

* The time mh needs to explode the Earth, is from 1000 seconds to 1000 days.

According to my computation such collisions can lead to the collaptical explosion of Earth with probability about 10%.

In a week CERN plans to perform 1.2 TeV collisions.

According to my computation such collisions can lead to the collaptical explosion of Earth with probability about 30%.

The crudest error, made by the authors of LHC safety assessment documents, is equating of the consequences of collider collisions with cosmo-atmospheric collisions. To see the difference between these consequences look my model with two 10-kg bottles with neutrons. You will see that the bottle, corresponding to cosmic rays, will be safe. But the bottle, corresponding to LHC collisions, will transform the town into Hiroshima.

My calculation (two independent approaches) gives us the dangerous value of collision energy, - about 250 GeV.

That is smaller than the collision energy of Tevatron. But is it possible to create a magnetic hole at Tevatron, colliding protons and antiprotons? Magnetic field in the central point between these flying by particles is equal to zero, B = 0. But at the LHC B = 2B_1.

The 250 GeV energy per colliding proton was already achieved at RHIC. Experimentalists could see collapses – fireballs – about four years ago. It is possible that those fireballs are experimental proves of magnetic holes. Those holes evaporated immediately because the RHIC collided heavy nuclei, containing many protons and neutrons. Will such holes evaporate at LHC, or will created magnetic holes begin to capture the slowly moving protons of Earth?

Astronomers, show me, please, black holes.
No?
But, I can to show you the picturesque magnetic hole.
Here it is: Image

Magnetic holes explain us the cause of several astronomical pulses: gamma-bursts, huge radio jets, the annihilation lines of electron-positron pairs, huge velocities of remnants of cosmic catastrophes, the absence of civilizations which are older, than those, who can build powerful colliders.

People, please, stop powerful colliders immediately.
Collisions with energy, more than 100 GeV must be banned by international law, otherwise our Solar system will look like SN 1987A.

Today or tomorrow CERN plans to fulfill the first 0.45 TeV collisions.
People are you ready to die?
Ximox wrote: Go submit a paper to http://arxiv.org/
That is impossible. I order to do that I need couple of people, who can vouch. Science now is in the hands of bigbangers.
Ximox wrote: LHC..
I would like to help you understand it is not dangerous,..
Return to the first post of this thread and give your answer.

A. CERN’s answer: 10^18.
B. My answer: (All protons of Earth)/(The nuber of dangerous particles).
C. Your answer: ..

Try to solve this problem.
In order to better understand the solution of this problem, play and train with my program Arcball: http://darkenergy.narod.ru/arcbol.exe

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:49 am

First of all, I'm offended that you ignored me.
MagneticTrap wrote: Astronomers, show me, please, black holes.
No?
But, I can to show you the picturesque magnetic hole.
Here it is: Image
And why do you think the rings around the supernova (which according to Wiki are material from the stellar wind of the progenitor) are proofs for you magnetic holes, other than the fact that they are round?
MagneticTrap wrote: Today or tomorrow CERN plans to fulfill the first 0.45 TeV collisions.
23 of November they already saw spontaneous collisions and that did not led* to catastrophe.
They already did it. What is the difference between spontaneous collisions or induced collisions in your theory?

Texanguy

Post by Texanguy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:02 am

He's just adding on random tidbits as he goes. I did some research on this guy. He's everywhere with the same theory. He's the only one who's brought it up, and nothing has been observed to support it thus far.. so yeah ._.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:07 am

Yeah, it seems that every science board I enter, he's posted the same thing and didn't bother to explain. He claims he's some sort of genius that apparently solved all of the physics problems, but no one would listen to him since he's not educated on the matter.