Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Stephen

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:59 pm

LarryS wrote:Given Ivan's perfect track record (100% wrong) ... the more predictions he makes, the safer we are.
Works for me. Especially considering the fact he hasn't changed his predictions since March.

Allan

Post by Allan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:08 am

Include his prediction that the end will come in 1000 days. :angry-screaming:

Allan :sleeping-blue:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:09 am

are we bored yet :crazy:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Allan

Post by Allan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Personally I was bored way back on page one of this thread. :sleeping-blue:

I think I'll just return to my beer. :mrgreen:

Allan

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Allan wrote:Personally I was bored way back on page one of this thread. :sleeping-blue:

I think I'll just return to my beer. :mrgreen:

Allan
Allan :D

Please share this beer with me :dance:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:21 pm

CharmQuark wrote:Please share this beer with me :dance:
Here you go:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Kasuha wrote:
CharmQuark wrote:Please share this beer with me :dance:
Here you go:

HAHAHAHAHAHA omggggggggggggggggggggggg Kasuha i love it hehehe :clap:

:orcs-cheers:

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:23 am

At http://lhc-commissioning.web.cern.ch/lh ... -news.html
we can read:
Thursday 4th November
Short access in the morning
Switch over to ions in the afternoon.

I think that the most probable candidates to torn the Earth into pieces are not strangelets, but growing microscopic magnetic holes.
In this case the excessive flux of antineutrino can be registered in a couple of days of the first ion-ion collisions.
If mMHs will not go deeply to the center of the Earth and will grow not so deeply, then the citizens of Geneva will be able to see picturesque auroras every night, brighter and brighter.
Next year will be very hot because of induced radioactivity of surrounding matter.
Earth will be torn into pieces in 500-1000 days.

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:02 am

MagneticTrap wrote:I think that the most probable candidates to torn the Earth into pieces are not strangelets, but growing microscopic magnetic holes.
I think the most likely candidate to tear Earth into pieces is our own Sun. But sadly (for you) or luckily (for the rest of us) it won't probably happen in the next 5 billions years.

Allan

Post by Allan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:40 pm

MagneticTrap wrote: Next year will be very hot because of induced radioactivity of surrounding matter.
Well IVAN is always consistent with his predictions, They are always 500 to 1000 days in the future. I guess if he keep at it long enough he is bound to be correct eventually. I doubt that he will live that long. :angry-steamingears:

Personally I find you constant repeating of yourself without any hint of reasoning behind to be bore to say the least.

Allan :angry-screaming:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Allan wrote:
MagneticTrap wrote: Next year will be very hot because of induced radioactivity of surrounding matter.
Ummmm Ivan i know i dont do maths well but i think your numbers should be going down as the days pass not stay at the same :roll:

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:48 am

CharmQuark wrote:
Ummmm Ivan i know i dont do maths well but i think your numbers should be going down as the days pass not stay at the same :roll:
Today I had received a e-mail:
Ivan, действительно, замечено усиление темпов счета элементарных частиц на одной из нейтринных станций в конце октября. Хотя, возможно, это технологическая ошибка. С ув...
I’ll translate it for you: “Ivan, indeed, the growth of rate of count of elementary particles was registered at one of neutrino stations at the end of October. But, it is probably, there is a technological error there. With kind regards, …”

So, if there is no error there, then we can diminish the number of remaining days, for example, by 10 days. Then the last my sentence must be changed by this one: “Earth will be torn into pieces in 490-990 days”.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:55 am

MagneticTrap wrote:
CharmQuark wrote:
Ivan, действительно, замечено усиление темпов счета элементарных частиц на одной из нейтринных станций в конце октября. Хотя, возможно, это технологическая ошибка. С ув...
I’ll translate it for you: “Ivan, indeed, the growth of rate of count of elementary particles was registered at one of neutrino stations at the end of October. But, it is probably, there is a technological error there. With kind regards, …”

So, if there is no error there, then we can diminish the number of remaining days, for example, by 10 days. Then the last my sentence must be changed by this one: “Earth will be torn into pieces in 490-990 days”.
ya clutching at straws Ivan :thumbup:

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:38 am

Ivan, random emails are not a reliable source of information. There is no reason for us to believe them, especially considering the fact the guy suggests there to be a technical error.

rasalhauge

Post by rasalhauge » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Иван, Иван, я думаю, что Вы получили ту "почту" от страницы, которая является, находят в Интернете? (am I right?=)

I'm open to the possibility that I might be wrong here, but my guess is that you didn't receive an email (as I said earlier) but rather made this up. Otherwise there are quite a few easy ways to prove me wrong. A.) name your source or B.) name the observatory that registered the flux.
Last edited by rasalhauge on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.